Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Countdown to Christmas Day 6: Creating Memories!

Posted by   + Show Post

Create keepsakes and memories for years to come by making salt dough ornaments. It's a fun way to have your family make unique ornaments that you can put on your tree year after year.

The possibilities for salt dough ornaments are endless. You can use cookie cutters or trace your child's hand to make hand print ornaments. You can find the recipe for salt dough ornaments here, as well as, directions how to make family faces ornaments!

christmas tree

Have your kids ever made salt dough ornaments? Do you give handmade gifts to family and friends for the holidays?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (41-50):
GirlWithANikon
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:09 PM
I think well do santa shaped hand ones this year
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM

No, we haven't done the salt dough ornaments, but we are giving other homemade ornaments this Christmas.

Bmat
by Gold Member on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:06 PM

We are not into food based ornaments, I always worry about mice and bugs where we live. I do like to give homemade gifts though.

bergencounty
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Yes, they have, they are such a nice keepsake. We do give handmade gifts to some friends and family.

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:30 AM
She did when she was younger. We were going to do them this weekend, but got lazy.a
AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Umm DD gave a little when she was younger, but not now.
MooNFaeRie30
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 5:18 AM

the girls make salt dough ornaments to give to the family. we are actally doing them sometime this week.

arilyn4
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I can't wait to do this!

godsgirl26
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Yes we made them but haven't given them out yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
batjmom
by Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:48 AM

They may have at school.  I'm not very crafty

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)