Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 6: Creating Memories!

Posted by   + Show Post

Create keepsakes and memories for years to come by making salt dough ornaments. It's a fun way to have your family make unique ornaments that you can put on your tree year after year.

The possibilities for salt dough ornaments are endless. You can use cookie cutters or trace your child's hand to make hand print ornaments. You can find the recipe for salt dough ornaments here, as well as, directions how to make family faces ornaments!

christmas tree

Have your kids ever made salt dough ornaments? Do you give handmade gifts to family and friends for the holidays?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Replies (61-68):
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Dec. 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM

One year, when I didn't have Christmas ornaments or money,we made homemade ornaments. We had a great time!

Meltopia529
by on Dec. 14, 2012 at 10:36 AM
We just made them last night!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Thelmama
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:34 PM

We haven't yet this year..but I am going to do this hopefully Friday during the day and make some ornaments for their grandparents.  I just gotta see if I have enough stuff.

sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 3:59 PM

We've made our own before. Yes, we give handmade gifts

Angelanscalf89
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM
We did this this year for the first time its what dd gave her teacher and the kids are giving family members
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
devsmom98
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I do handmade ornaments every year..we did salt dough ornaments one year when he was 7 (he's 14 now) he made a train and a bear that year..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LifeCafe42
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM
I found a cool recipe for cornstarch ornaments really easy and seemed sturdier
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyleroy
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Yep, we've made them! I've made quilts in the past for family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)