Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Countdown to Christmas Day 7: Special Evening

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM
  • 68 Replies

Do you have a neighbor that goes all out with their Christmas decorations? Does your town decorate the streets and storefronts? Whether you go by car or on foot, feel the excitement of the season by taking your family on a tour of your community's holiday decorations!

Really get into the holiday spirit by bringing some hot cocoa to drink while you go on your tour. If you want to make your own hot cocoa mix you can find a great recipe  here!

santa green

Have you ever gone with your family to tour your community's decorations? Do you have any neighbors that are over the top?

If you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it hereIf you haven't signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Challenge yet, you can do so here!

by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
huntersmama711
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM
When I was younger my mom would drive us around looking at lights. I don't recall ever going to town celebrations tho
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:14 AM

We have a park that does Christmas lights and we do that.

givenshl
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Yes, we drive different neighborhoods to look at the Christmas Decorations/Displays. Our Neighbors don't go over the top, but some areas we go to are simply amazing with their decor.

Madelaine
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM

We do look at lights.  This year is great because the HOA is doing a contest so  ALOT of people are going all out.

gmadiane
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:33 AM

when I was little we would drive around to look at lights and when my kids were little I took them, I dont have any neighbors right now that are over the top

GwenMB
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:40 AM

We haven't, in the past, made it a point to tour our town's holiday decorations.  But we will this year.  I put it as an activity in the Advent calendar I did for my boys.  So hopefully, whatever day I put it in, it works to do it then!

Ginger648
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Our Little town has a tree lighting event. Where everyone comes to watch the tree being lit and sing christmas carols, and visit with Santa. Then we ride on a horse drawn trolley to go around town and see the houses lit up for the holidays.

bama_mama07
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 9:51 AM

idk about around here but I know in TN they had a few houses that would decorated just amazingly. 

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM

There is an over the top house in my neighborhood.  They decorate their entire long circular driveway and allow families to drive through to view their display.

narumi74
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:07 AM

We ALWAYS make it tradition to go watch our community or nearby to watch the christmas lights on the houses and street lights! I love the Christmas lights..it is so magical to me! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)