Countdown to Christmas Day 13: Good Deeds
Do you have an elderly neighbor who could use some help cleaning up their yard? Have you ever seen a car parked with an expired meter? In the spirit of Christmas, have your family do a secret act of kindness. A kind, unexpected gesture can really make person's day!
Here's a list of ideas to do as a random act of kindness:
- Do yard work for a neighbor.
- Feed someone's meter.
- Send cards to soldiers.
- Pay for someone's coffee.
- Donate pet food, blankets, or towels to a shelter.
- Give up your spot to someone on line.
- Donate books you no longer want or need.
- Offer to babysit for someone who doesn't have family in town.
- Offer to babysit for a single mom.
- Over tip your waiter or waitress.
- Start a conversation with a new mom (at school, church, play group, etc).
- Give someone a compliment.
- Text or call a friend to let them know you are thinking of them.
Has anyone ever done a random act of kindness for you? If so, what was it? What are some random acts of kindess that you and your family could do?