Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Mom puts up crazy xmas display

Posted by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 12 Replies

Mom Puts Up Middle Finger Christmas Lights to Get Back at ‘Nosy’ Neighbors

Posted by Kylie McConville
on November 29, 2012 at 2:34 PM

middle finger christmas displayLove thy neighbor? NAH.

A woman named Sarah Henderson was pissed off at her neighbors and used her Christmas lights to show it. The Louisiana mama of four children deliberately set up her decorations in the shape of a hand giving the middle finger to "communicate" with her neighbors, with whom she's been having an "ongoing dispute."

Not very holiday-spirit-like, right? And now the police are involved. The 5-0 ordered that Henderson take down the offensive lights, and Henderson came back with a whopper sure to make any non-Aryan's head spin ...

Lady Sarah said she made the middle finger display to get back at her neighbs for being nosy and threatened that now that she's being forced to remove it, she might just replace it with a swastika.

This is how I expressed myself. It’s the only means I have to express myself to these people.

Ummmm, what people, exactly? Because replacing the middle finger with a swastika is sorta, kinda, TOTALLY sending the wrong message. And here's the kicker -- Gemma Rachal, Henderson's neighbor, told The Advocate that her 6-year-old son saw the lights and tried to copy the offensive gesture. So go ahead, Sar, replace that hand giving the finger with the Nazi symbol. If you're really lucky, maybe her 6-year-old will try to copy that logo, too.

Aside from the fact that I'm giving Henderson the bird myself right now, let's address the obvious: You're arranging your Christmas lights in the shape of a middle finger to tick your neighbors off. In what universe is that going to make any difference? It makes YOU, Sarah, look like an ignorant ass. Not to mention, the worst Grinch of all time. But the American Civil Liberties Union has come down in favor of Henderson, saying she has every right to put the lights up and that gestures like that are protected speech.

'Scuse me for being old-fashioned, but isn't the holiday season all about being compassionate, kind, and giving to the less fortunate? Don't know 'bout y'all, but I'm all for giving this idiotic woman a swift kick in the rump ... and then some.

Is this crazy or what?

by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Wow!

johnny4ever
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Dang!

AzariahsMother
by on Nov. 30, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Wow...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by Terriny on Dec. 1, 2012 at 4:12 AM
Ha ha..boy her neighbors really got her angry!! Not very nice!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
celticgodess
by Heather on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:52 PM

ookslike an ugly cactus to me

MsChrln
by on Dec. 1, 2012 at 9:53 PM
lol what
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Dec. 2, 2012 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds trasy and very self centered. She is only thinking of herself.

hunterskysmom
by on Dec. 3, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Thats what i thought it was to i read it

Quoting celticgodess:

ookslike an ugly cactus to me

SabrinaLC
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Good Grief!

If you have a problem with your neighbor, be the bigger person and just leave it alone.  

ceciliam
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

It's immature.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)