Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Holiday Traditions

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM
  • 27 Replies

Is your entire family involved in your holday decorating? Do you have a family cookie baking day?

Tell us about your favorite family holiday traditions.

holding ornaments         happy hanukkah     christmas tree

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Flaca43
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 4:33 PM

The kids love to help decorate the tree every year. We also started baking cookies already and started doing a cookie swap with our family.

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Dec. 6, 2012 at 6:25 PM

We all chip in on the decorating.  I put the tree up, my SO does the lights and then my dd and I decorate it.  My dd I do the baking o Christmas Eve.  I'd do it earlier, but everything would get eaten. lol

johnny4ever
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:35 AM

We go out xmas night to look at lights!

Bluetick
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:10 AM
We decorate as a family, also we make home made christmas wrapping paper, and of course we make a few christmas gifts for some of the family ;)

We also go on a family night hunt with the coondogs on Christmas Day evening
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Meltopia529
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 11:30 AM
We all decorate together. This will be the first year our son will help us with making the holiday cookies & candies. We also love going around looking at the christmas lights. On christmas eve D will open his new christmas pjs before bed and we'll read him the night b4 christmas.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
treemommy91
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Every year we take turns putting the star on the tree.

countrygirlkat
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM

The kids and I decorate the tree while DH watches us and football, lol.  The kids also help me bake when I do the baking. 

RobynS
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM

I try to make it a family affair, but DH can be a bit Grinchy. He'll do outside lights (though this year we just had to plug them in--we left them up all year! LOL)

The kids and I did the tree and DH didn't seem at all interested in helping.

RobynS
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I want to bake cookies with the kids, but on the other hand, I'd like to not too many sweets in the house. Would love to bake to give away, but the budget is seriously so tight that I shouldn't.

Kmakksmom
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 5:06 PM

We decorate the house and tree together.  We bake cookies.  On Christmas Eve we each open a present *of new pajamas*, put them on, grab blankets and thermoses of hot chocolate and get in our van and drive around looking at Christmas lights for hours!  By the time we are finished the kids are usually asleep, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN