Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids
we just upgraded our satellite tv. Dh had directtv since he bought his house. 10yrs ago. So we only had satellite in den and master bedroom. It was the old outdated receivers where you couldn't get hd or some channels we were actually paying for. We got frustrated and canceled service because they expected us to pay for all new equipment and installation and full price service even if we signed a new contract. After about 8 months we kept researching and found out if we put my name on new service we could get all the new customer deals. Which included 4 room system. So we chose to connect the kids tv's to satellite also. The girls are almost 9 and 7 and boys are 10months and 6. I honestly thought i would be having to tell them to do something else besides watch tv but they are still doing other things more than watching. When it's not raining they ask.to go outside or they have played their new board games or other new Christmas presents. And read books on.their own. I also thought the girls would be fighting over what to watch but they have not had obdurate argument. And being able to pause live tv has helped me get them to do a quick chore or something without waiting. They also keeping their rooms cleaned better because they know the receiver will be taken out.

People argue about whether tv in rooms are bad but i don't think its bad for all families. It also gives me much needed breaks some evenings. Do your kids have tv in their room?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
MamaMandee
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Well I got your back if they do :)

Quoting terri76:

Very Touchy..i keep waiting for someone to quote me and tell me what an awful mother i am for allowing my ds to have a television in his room :/

Quoting MamaMandee:

I have always found this a touchy subject, one of those ....what works best for YOUR family :)

AzariahsMother
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

DD has 1 in her room, but she is 12.  I think she was 8 when I put 1 in there.

terri76
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Awwwww thanks :-D

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting terri76:

Very Touchy..i keep waiting for someone to quote me and tell me what an awful mother i am for allowing my ds to have a television in his room :/

Quoting MamaMandee:

I have always found this a touchy subject, one of those ....what works best for YOUR family :)

MamaMandee
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 2:59 PM

YW :)

Quoting terri76:

Awwwww thanks :-D

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting terri76:

Quoting MamaMandee:

hunterskysmom
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Not right now but when she gets older yes
TheBabyFactory4
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM
How old is she now?

Quoting hunterskysmom:

Not right now but when she gets older yes
Wish2Be
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:01 PM

I dont want one in DS's room, but DH thinks there should be one in there.....I think that I am about to let him win this one.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:04 PM
this, but MY not ours as I'm single.

Quoting arthistmom:

No and they never will. We don't even have a TV in our room.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myboysRmyhero
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Yes my 4 yr old falls asleep to his tv everynight he likes the noise an it doubles as a night light hes needed the noise since he was an infant.
Wish2Be
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Quoting arthistmom:

No and they never will. We don't even have a TV in our room.

You are very lucky. I wish I didnt have a TV in our bedroom, but DH has to have it.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)