Craft Time: Water Bottle Noise Maker
Save that water bottle from the landfill by creating this fun noise maker for New Year’s Eve!
What you'll need:
- Empty plastic water bottle
- Beans, coins, or other items to place inside
- 1 sheet white tissue paper
- Scraps of tissue paper in various colors, cut into small squares
- 24” long strip of light blue crepe paper streamer
- 24” long strip of pink crepe paper streamer
- White craft glue
How to make it:
- Place a handful of beads or coins inside the clean, dry water bottle. Run some glue around the mouth of the bottle and replace the cap.
- Make a mixture of 1/2 white craft glue and 1/2 water that will be enough to cover the bottle a few times over.
- Tear white tissue paper into large chunks, approximately 4”x2”.
- Paint a small section of the outside of the water bottle with the glue mixture. Place a torn piece of white tissue paper onto the glue mixture and paint over it with the glue mixture. Repeat this process, covering the entire bottle with 2-3 coats of white.
- Apply small colorful squares of tissue paper randomly over the white tissue paper to resemble confetti.
- Cut each strip of crepe paper streamer in half. Carefully tie one of the pieces around the neck of the bottle. Repeat with other lengths of crepe paper. Use scissors to cut each length to about 4” hanging length, and then cut upwards into thin strips. Use a couple pieces of the excess crepe paper you just cut off to twist around the neck of the bottle and glue in place. Allow to dry for several hours.
- Save tissue paper from birthday parties to use in projects such as these.
- Always save extra, and used crepe paper streamers from parties to use in craft projects.
- If you don’t have any crepe paper you can use regular ribbon.