Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Does anyone else do it?   I have my 3 school aged kids enrolled in cyber school this year and am also home w/ our 2 year old.  It's working out pretty good, we have our crazy days, but we no longer have those crazy morning trying to get the kids all out the door and nights of endless homework :D  Just curious if anyone else is using this option for their childrens education.

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM
Replies (31-38):
kaylanjazlyn
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:30 PM

We are loving it so far! I love how they keep in contact with you and that they have the parent mentor program!

Quoting supermeof3:

Well, welcome to CA! :)   How are you making out?  This is our first year, in the beginning it felt a bit overwhelming, but it's all good now that we "found our way" :)   The teachers are very supportive and so far our kids love it.  We have 3 in, they are in K, 2nd and 4th.  I hope that you are having a good experience so far!!!

Quoting kaylanjazlyn:

My daughter is starting Connections Academy on the 24th! She is in 3rd grade but we moved to a new school this year and she has not adjusted well. We are both very excited! I'm impressed with their support they give families! I was always against homeschooling (for my family) mostly for fear that she wouldn't get to socialize with other school kids, but I have no worries with this cyber school!

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this

my dd is in Pre-k at the local elementary school. She loves it and she goes to speech there too.

I have a friend who is doing cyber school for her teen age son and she loves it for him. He will graduate in a couple of months and if he had stayed in public school he would not be.

Samanthamommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:46 PM

No, I haven't tried it.

slw123
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I've looked into it.  I might do it for middle school for the kids.

PEEK05
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I am looking into it.  My first would be entering kindergarten fall of next year (2014).

copperswifey
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I'm not, but glad to hear it's going good :)

supermeof3
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Check out Connections Academy :)  That's our school, we love it!  There are even great field trips!

Quoting slw123:

I've looked into it.  I might do it for middle school for the kids.

supermeof3
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM

We are using Connections Academy and love it!  If you have any questions, just let me know ;)

Quoting PEEK05:

I am looking into it.  My first would be entering kindergarten fall of next year (2014).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)