Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Spinoff: Did you have "family dinners" when you were little?

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 26 Replies

Just curious, there was a pretty large amount of people that said they have dinner together every night with their family.  That made me wonder, did you have dinner together w/ your family when you were groing up?

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supermeof3
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM
1 mom liked this

It was instilled in us since we were little that dinner time was family time.  We ate dinner most night around the table together :)   ....and I loved it!

Pink.Frosting
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Every night, without fail.

terri76
by Terriny on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Yes..We had Dinner as a family Every Night.. And we still do on Sundays..the whole family except for my youngest brother who lives in TX.

Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:17 PM

its a hard topic to talk about but we were forced to sit and watch our father eat while we had nothing..so in a way yes and no

mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:12 AM

Every single night. Even after my Mom passed, my Dad, sister and myself always ate together.

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

No, we rarely ate together.  There were a lot of times half were in front of the tv and the rest were in their bedrooms on at the table.

I remember one time my step dad thought it would be a good idea to make everyone sit together and eat.  But when he decided I wasn't sitting properly he got very angry at me, which caused a fight.  Eventually he chased me off and then started fighting with my step brother.  Happy Times...

supermeof3
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I'm sorry for bringing up hard memories....that sounds like a really hard situation to be in :(

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

its a hard topic to talk about but we were forced to sit and watch our father eat while we had nothing..so in a way yes and no

supermeof3
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Us too :)

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Every night, without fail.

supermeof3
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM

That's awesome!   We get together a decent amount of time, but not every week.  How fun is that?!?!? Love it!  Do you have a big family?

Quoting terri76:

Yes..We had Dinner as a family Every Night.. And we still do on Sundays..the whole family except for my youngest brother who lives in TX.

supermeof3
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:07 AM

That's nice that you guys kept the "family time" going.   That must have been hard to lose your Mom.  I lost my Dad 2 years ago...it stinks :(

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Every single night. Even after my Mom passed, my Dad, sister and myself always ate together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)