Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

I am losing my patience with my 6 and 5 year old daughters!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am trying to declutter as well as trying to earn a few extra dollars with their kids' toys that they no longer play with or don't want anymore.  My 5 year old was putting things that she JUST got for Christmas in the pile.  Mind you, they didn't get very much but the things we got them were things they had picked out while we were at the store during before Christmas trips or in fliers or what have you.  When I mentioned it to her, she just says, "Well, I don't want them."  Now for the other one...she is 6 and lately she has had a HORRIBLE attitude!!!  I don't know what else to do with her.  I have tried to explain MULTIPLE times how inappropriate and disrespectful it for for her to talk back to her or her father or give us an attitude like she has.  I have taken away her favorite toy and the computer and the TV...and she is still so mouthy.  I don't know what else to do.  My daughters are growing up to be such ungrateful little brats.  They use to be such great kids.  My DH and I do not spoil them by any means and we don't like it when they get away with things at my mom's and have limited our trips there as well. (my mom thinks it's funny when my 3 y.o. DS curses and encourages him to do so and when my girls have attitudes they think it's cute and funny) but because we've limited their visits to once a week when we go to my parents' house after church on Sundays, I'm clueless as to where this is coming from and I don't know what to do about it!!  Suggestions PLEASE!?!?

surrender  frustrated

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetlyblissful
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Sorry. I have a 7 year old DD and she seems to be the same way at times. I hope it's just a phase. I don't have any advice. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I dont have any girls.No cussing..have some patience.Try to to blow up at them.Do they have a Chore Chart? Responsibilities?

Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM

i have no advice at this moment....i am dealing with a mouthy 5 yr old daughter who refuses to listen to me or her teachers....sorry you are going through this...i never thought about takeing away tv or computer but will now

mrswillie
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

hugs

lovinlife0607
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:00 AM

yes she does.  They ot do.  I humbe them because having a chat ith her andthen havng her doher after dinner chores, he attitue hanged.  So fr we are goo today...biut we shall see hat happen.

Quoting johnny4ever:

I dont have any girls.No cussing..have some patience.Try to to blow up at them.Do they have a Chore Chart? Responsibilities?

lovinlife0607
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:04 AM

as far as I know, both my daughters do just fine in school but are a bit mouthy at home.  I don't get it.  My 3 y.o. son is usually the crazy one but at school, he is one of the best behaved kids... LOL I think after not having her tablet for 2 days in a row she got annoyed with the punishment but I tried letting her little brother and sister play with it with me there to help and my 6 y.o. didn't like it one bit.  So between that and our chat and her after dinner chores, so far so good today and last night... if the cpu, TV, or tablet didn't work.... I was going to have to think of something else...timeouts don't seem to phase her too much

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i have no advice at this moment....i am dealing with a mouthy 5 yr old daughter who refuses to listen to me or her teachers....sorry you are going through this...i never thought about takeing away tv or computer but will now

KayLundy3
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Ugh...I have two and three year old daughters.. the three year old is mouthy. She doesn't listen no matter what I do..she can also be mean at times. Its a constant battle with her. My youngest is starting to copy. It's driving me insane. Both are angels at preschool apparently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Sorry... Hope it gets better.

Meltopia529
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Hope things. Get better
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheGngrNxtdoor
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:21 PM

well you shouldhave taught them from the negining instead of treaating them like jesus

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN