Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do you keep it positive?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM
  • 10 Replies

In a ever increasing world of negativity, how do you keep positivity if your life and your kiddo's lives?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paris2lmp
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

For me I learned a little exercize a few years ago and now I do it almost automatically.   I turn any negative into a possitive by telling myself I am thankful for _______.  For example, I sprained/fractured my ankel a few months ago and was pretty much stuck on the couch for 9 weeks.  I kept telling myself "I am thankful that I broke my ankle because it saved me from breaking my neck."  Just say "I am thankful for __________ because ___________."  "I am thankful for the horrificly loud construction noises because at least when they are done the roads will be nicer"  etc.....

Sometimes I have to do this a few times before I actually start believing and feeling the possitive influence, but, like I said, I do it on auto pilot anymore! 

For my kids I try to show them the bright side.  "I'm sorry, I know you had a rough day at school.  But on the bright side you are home now and tomarrow is a better day."  I don't know if they really get it yet, but I figure the best I can do is keep trying! :)

Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM

i have not been to be honest with you but i am working on it

Bluetick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:47 AM
we have family hobbies we do every week (3-7 days a week) plus running a farm and having a business I guess we know in our hearts we are good people who always try to help others less fortunate on a regular basis no reason to get down and negative.

Don't allow the world to tell you your place, tell the world where your going!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bluetick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM
:) gotta start somewhere

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i have not been to be honest with you but i am working on it

Bluetick
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Referring to kids...... I'm more like awe you had a bad day? Well go play with the puppies til you feel like smiling! ( doesn't take long dd loves puppies and we always have puppies lol)

Quoting paris2lmp:

For me I learned a little exercize a few years ago and now I do it almost automatically.   I turn any negative into a possitive by telling myself I am thankful for _______.  For example, I sprained/fractured my ankel a few months ago and was pretty much stuck on the couch for 9 weeks.  I kept telling myself "I am thankful that I broke my ankle because it saved me from breaking my neck."  Just say "I am thankful for __________ because ___________."  "I am thankful for the horrificly loud construction noises because at least when they are done the roads will be nicer"  etc.....

Sometimes I have to do this a few times before I actually start believing and feeling the possitive influence, but, like I said, I do it on auto pilot anymore! 

For my kids I try to show them the bright side.  "I'm sorry, I know you had a rough day at school.  But on the bright side you are home now and tomarrow is a better day."  I don't know if they really get it yet, but I figure the best I can do is keep trying! :)

mrswillie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:13 AM

We try to always carry a positive attitude. We volunteer and are active in trying to change certain issues that affect us directly. We spend quality family time together and remember to reconize the positive things our children do.

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Just stay positive.

Which is hard because I'm extremely negative.

12yrmama
by Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:42 AM

We try to share three things about our day during dinner. We also make sure to donate anything we have that is unused/clutter every couple of months... open spaces=relaxation. Plus it reminds the kids how much they really do have.

I try very hard to comment when I see them playing nicely, doing homework, cleaning up, anytime when they are a help. Somedays I feel like the negative monster in the house so I have a goal to praise each child at least once a day.... and smile at each child once aday too- it sounds terrible but some days are all about doing rather than enjoying and being together.

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I have not over the last couple of weeks.  My plate has been kind of full and sometimes I just feel it's unbearable.  I always remember these are kids and didn't ask to be here. 

midnightcow49
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:24 AM

every day we get up laughing, and tell each other to have a great day, so when it is not such a great day it don't hurt as basd, then maybe we can find a better solution to make each day a better day then we had the past day...i am trying to teach my 5 fixin to be 6 year old son, there is alway's soboy kissing mommething good, even with the bad that may come through daily activities.....god bless all, and may he be able to help each and every one of us and our daily lives......jeremiah's mom.....Brenda.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN