Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

WWYD? I need your opinion please!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
my husband has a good friend and his step daughter got preggers at 14 had the baby at 15 and now is 16 dd is 11 months old she doesn't work and her parents take care of the baby like its their child ( so she could go to school get a job study etc) Now she is Preggo again !!! She wants to get married and live at her parents house ( which will never happen because the babies dad doesn't work and shows 0 ambition) and her stepdad is freaking out because he feels responsible to help pay to raise these children! . They can't depend on her to raise her own child she wants to be a teenager and date and Cruise and hang out meanwhile she gets 50 dollars a month in child support and doesn't care that it's no where near enough ( or doesn't understand ) we use to double date every Friday night family and family ( except her) and now we can't because she never wants to keep her child the dd is calling grandma and grandpa mom and dad !!

Is this normal in today's world?
Are multiple teenage pregnancies that common or do you think she was trying to get pregnant ?

Both kids have the same dad he is now 24ish

He wants to be as positive as possible and asked us for help and advice ..... I'm kind of speechless on this 1 !! My dh talks to him I talk to his wife daily they are good people at their wits end and you can tell the marriage is suffering ( stress over the financials is a big part of this) what do you ladies think what do we say?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Replies (11-15):
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Teen pregnancy is cool now :-/

I don't have any advice, sorry.  

lazyd
by Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Im sorry but this dad needs to call the police!  That is statutory rape!  The teen mom needs to go to court and get CS from the bio dad!  And NOW!  WHY are people soooo stupid!?  Your friends need to stop looking after their grandchild and soon to be another.  During the day - i can understand if they are off and dont need to work - but at night this teen mom needs to step up and take care of HER kids so your couple friends can go out at night, etc.  They need to put a stop to letting their daughter go out and have fun!  Why cant they say NO!?  This girl needs to be put on BC.

Meltopia529
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:13 PM
That's nuts!
mamavalor
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:25 AM

This situation has been occuring for the past thousands years.  Many grandkids were raised as kids.  Jack Nicholson was one of them.  His sis was actually his mom.  I am not going to judge, although I am the kind of person who nip problems in the bud.  Life is hard no matter how you slice it and some people just slice it up more than others. 

I hope your friend matures soon and see just what she is doing to her poor parents...and babies. 

Bluetick
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM
It's a bad situation all the way around
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)