Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How much does your dh help around the house?

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:34 AM
  • 25 Replies

How much does dh help around the house with inside and outside responsibilities? What about helping with the kids?

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:53 AM

He does everything, lol

He helps a lot.  We alternate who washes the dishes.  He does a lot of the cleaning too.  

mrswillie
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Quoting SabrinaLC:

He does everything, lol

He helps a lot.  We alternate who washes the dishes.  He does a lot of the cleaning too.  

That's great

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Trash....Recyclables....DIY Projects!

johnny4ever
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM

My 9 year old does great on his chores and my Hubby works 2nd shift so he usually spends all weekend with his son!

lovinlife0607
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I'm in Nursing school FT so DH helps more then he use to. :)  He is Mr. Mom when I am not home or when I need to study too. :)  Before school, he wouldn't help much around the house at all.  Maybe pick up the yard from the dog so I wouldn't have to but nothing other than that.  Oh he would make dinner once in awhile or do half the dishes too. :) 

mrswillie
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Quoting johnny4ever:

Trash....Recyclables....DIY Projects!

I never do trash. lol

KaylaMillar
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM

not a whole lot

Meltopia529
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:11 PM
He helps me out a lot
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
terri76
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Well i do not have a dh/so so he doesn't do anything..lol but my ds father does alot for him!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:48 AM

When the kids were babies, he would help with changing diapers, bathing, cleaning up their messes, etc.  Now that they are older, he helps with carpooling them to activities, chaperoning field trips, coaching their sports team, and just playing with them at home. 

We do most chores together.  Weeding the flower beds.  Raking the leaves.  Putting up and taking down the X-mas decorations.  Saturday or Sunday morning is our family clean-up day.  Everyone has a housekeeping responsibility. His is to clean the bathrooms and to clean up his areas of the house.  He works many hours and is very tired when he comes home but he always has time for the kids, even if he ends up falling asleep on the couch playing Mario on the Wii.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN