Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

allowance

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

do your kids have one?..if so how much do they get...im looking to start with audree and i need some input...how do you go about giving them weekly tasks and keep them doing it with out them slacking off...audree is 5

MOM TO 2 CRAZY BEAUTIFUL REDHEADS..TAKE ME OR LEAVE ME BUT I WILL ALWAYS BE ME..

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lurion
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

I give my kids $1 for every year old they are.

Then I take a mandatory $1 "deduction" for charity. They are involved in which charity they want to donate to. My 7 y/o mentions it often "mommy, right that I'm sending money to kids who don't have enough to eat? 

terri76
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM

My son started getting an allowance at age 6..he had 4 chores and i gave him 10 bucks at the end of the week if he did like he was supposed to. He took out the trash..cleaned his room...feed the dog..and set the table all without being asked..he had some slip ups sometimes but did really well. he is now 16 and has a few more chores added and gets a bit more money

bckwdsbarbie06
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM

my dd is 7 and she does 6 chores a day. it ends up being (if she does all of her chores) to be $20 a month

Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM

great idea!

Quoting Lurion:

I give my kids $1 for every year old they are.

Then I take a mandatory $1 "deduction" for charity. They are involved in which charity they want to donate to. My 7 y/o mentions it often "mommy, right that I'm sending money to kids who don't have enough to eat? 

Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM

i didnt even think about feeding the animals...thanks!!

Quoting terri76:

My son started getting an allowance at age 6..he had 4 chores and i gave him 10 bucks at the end of the week if he did like he was supposed to. He took out the trash..cleaned his room...feed the dog..and set the table all without being asked..he had some slip ups sometimes but did really well. he is now 16 and has a few more chores added and gets a bit more money

Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

if she misses or refuses do you subtract from the total for what she didnt do?

Quoting bckwdsbarbie06:

my dd is 7 and she does 6 chores a day. it ends up being (if she does all of her chores) to be $20 a month

bckwdsbarbie06
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:58 PM

yup. for every 2 chores, she gets a quarter and at each pay day i pay her. she doesn't love it (she would rather have the money with no work) but it is teaching her we have to work for the things that we want. she went a good month without getting paid since she didn't want to do her chores

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

if she misses or refuses do you subtract from the total for what she didnt do?

Quoting bckwdsbarbie06:

beadingmom17
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids don't get monetary compensation. They can earn "extras" like 30 minutes of Nook time, 15 minutes extra to read in bed, getting to pick the game or movie for family night, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

great idea!!!

Quoting beadingmom17:

My kids don't get monetary compensation. They can earn "extras" like 30 minutes of Nook time, 15 minutes extra to read in bed, getting to pick the game or movie for family night, etc.

terri76
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Your welcome!! it was always the one chore he loved and never forgot :-)

Quoting Audreesmommy757:

i didnt even think about feeding the animals...thanks!!

Quoting terri76:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)