Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

home life

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

we work full time during the day. 1st shift.  then after work we pick our son up and go home.. plan dinner for 530 then do whatever till 8, and then it is bedtime.. i need ideas of what you guys to for your day. our son has no routine at home.. so at sunday school or school he just doesn't like . especially when we tell him we get to go bowling or something he acts up all day.. why is this??

I need advice please mommas! this month of naughty ness needs to stop!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
terri76
by Terriny on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I would set a strict routine like... Dinner..Bath..Maybe family games or playtime for him..or watch a movie..then read a book and go to bed..I had to keep a strict schedule for my ds or he would be outta control..the scedule helped and you could always tell if we had to move it around

johnny4ever
Happy 11th Birthday Daniel!!!
Yesterday at 7:30 AM
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:41 PM

On the weekends he would probably enjoy 1/2 just with his mom then his mom!

Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM

we have a routine....but its usually when i get home from work...i work till 9pm...come home...bath..snack...bed...on my days off we have dinner at 5pm...bath...snack..bed..they play in between then but nothing that will make them hyper lol

Mrs.Ro
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

well so far these awnsers are really giving me some ideas. Thank you!! :)   Lets keep them coming

Bluetick
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Good luck momma here's a bump
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Routine, schedule things at certain times and let him know it's coming

sweetlyblissful
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM
I find that giving the kids at least a few hours heads up for activites. When I tell my DD that she has hockey practice she gets upset. She would rather play at home. But if I tell her a day ahead of time, then a few hours ahead of time and then an hour, she doesn't get as upset.
I'm not big on routine either, so I don't like schedules. lol I'm sure that's where my kids get it from.
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM
He needs a routine. On weekends we have one also. We usually have meals at the same time, same bedtime, story time, quiet time, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meltopia529
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Keep him on the schedule school has. I mean as far as eating.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)