Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What do you do without power ? :(

Posted by   + Show Post
We was without power for somewhere around 53 hours ! Dd was lost without technology ! No fb no games no wii ect ! She had been sick so playing in snow was out if the question! We are lucky we had family here on the farm with wood heat or it would have been very cold in these 12 inches of snow!!

What does your kids do? Any tips on how to keep food preserved ? We lost about 2 hundred dollars in the freezer and thankfully our pipes didn't freeze!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Replies (11-18):
mrswillie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:47 AM
We have 2 generators.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM
I would have put freezers food outside if it were cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

If it is that cold out, put the freezer food outside.  We would go to one of our parent's house, grandma's or someone with power for showers. 

ScrChk23
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

One time we were without power for several hours.  We made pancakes in the fireplace.  The boys thought it was great!

terri76
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:54 PM
:( thst is nood good...but coloring..board games...basically the same ideas as everyone else ;)
Meltopia529
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Keep the food on ice. We had to over the summer. No way was I letting my stockpile go to waste
Audreesmommy757
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:30 AM

i would have had them just do what they normally do...my kids are still very young but i could not imagine being with out power for that long..i would have cafemom withdrawls....tv withdrawls LOL...food wise i would pack coolers with snow  but keep it in the house so no animals get to it...sorry to hear you were with out power for so long

Bluetick
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:53 PM
We was soooooo bored
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN