Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Where are the manners anymore?

Posted by   + Show Post

Call me old fashioned, but I can't believe some of the manners, or shall I say, lack there of, I see when out and about at the stores, restaurants etc. What ever happen to taking your hat off at the dinner table? You don't know how many times I see kids and teens chewing gum like a cow, not to mention chewing their food with their mouth open and talking with food in their mouths. I taught these things to my child, and they are teaching theirs the same. If we walk in front of someone at the grocery store (while they are looking on the shelf) we say, "excuse me". To the cashier we say, "have a good day/weekend". When ordering at a restaurant, when asked our order, it's, "a diet coke, please".

My youngest are now teens. When we go out, they now noticce how many  people don't use manners. Do you teach your kids these things? What other manners are important to you?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Replies (11-13):
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Quoting Life.Happens:

It's upsetting to see how many people are surprised when my kids(2 & 4) say thank you to the waiter at a restaraunt, or thank you to the cashier at the checkout...They say thank you to everyone...I remember when my 4 year old said "Thank you...I love you for what you do" to the waitress at IHOP....lol :)

lol

AleaKat
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM
I must be old fashioned too then cause my kids take hats off indoors and say please and thank you and excuse me and they are under 6!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by Silver Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Quoting Bluetick:

Honestly this is why my dd doesn't have friends allowed over ! They have 0 respect for me or my dh or our home!

It  is really sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)