Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What do you remember about your childhood that your kids will never understand?

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM
  • 26 Replies

As a teen, I would stretch out the 200ft of telephone cord so I could take the living room telephone into the bathroom, away from my family to be able to have a private conversation with my bff about why my boyfriend and I broke up.  After, I go to my room and blast a bit of Ozzy from my turn table, all the while, my parents yelling at me to, "turn it down".

As I grew older, I carried a pager so my friends could get hold of me when I wasn't at home. 

My kids will never understand, turn tables, phones with cords, pagers, 8 track or cassettes, life before home computers or cell phones.

What are some things your children would never understand about your childhood?

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
poshkat
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM

life without portable electronics, cellphones, live streaming.

DS will never know what it was like to go to blockbuster and stand around for a good while trying to pick a good movie, or rewinding it.

he will also not know what it feels like to take public transportation on a daily basis. where we live there are no buses or subways. its a car or school bus. my son will never know a city bus or subways unless its for a vacation or to visit NYC. he will never know what a city bus pass the schools handed out before metro cards out look like. or subway tokens.

Amberleigh81
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM
I was listening the the country song "Here's A Quarter, Call Someone Who Cares"... and I realized my son won't understand what this song is about! LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella14308
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:18 AM
My kids will never understand pagers or playing outside unsupervised til the street lights come on or life before facebook or walkman

They know vhs since we still have about 50 and a vcr. they know cassette tapes since my dads car only has a tape player (yeah its a 2002 and has no cd player).
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM

worrying about someone picking up the other phone in the house to listen in on your conversation, lol

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:03 AM

having to get off the phone to use the internet

SabrinaLC

waiting all day to record your favorite song off the radio onto a cassette

SabrinaLC

using an encyclopedia for research

SabrinaLC

having to rewind a movie when it's over

January1964
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Eight-track tapes, cassettes, that we never had a cell phone, records, "box cameras" (the kind you had to send away for developing), pay phones

SabrinaLC
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

having to go into an actual store to buy things, most of our stuff is ordered from websites now, lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN