Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Are you planning to send your child to summer camp this year?

Posted by   + Show Post

What’s your plan for your kids on this summer? Will you let them to go for summer camp? If so, will you take into consideration of your child choice or you will choose activities on your own for your child? Plaese share your take on it.

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
terri76
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:14 PM
No my son will not be going to summer camp this year...not sure what he will be doing yet
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
12yrmama
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:24 AM

YES! My oldest is 13. He will go and he loves it. My dd (will be 4) loves it even more!

My dd went to a half day camp at the Y last year and she is still talking about and asking when she can back. They both go about every other week - daycamps are just enough to give them friends and some extra physical activity.

I only wish the baby could go... she'll be 1 and half. She probably scream when we drop off the others and be grumpy around the house with 'just' me. She already does that when they go to school.

mrswillie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Nibe went when they were younger. They loved it.

mrswillie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I'm not sure.  I need to start looking into this.  She usually does a week of YMCA and a week of Girl Scouts, but this year she said she didn't want to do either.  So.... need to find some things for my 13 year old to do.  Might check into babysitting and also find C.P.R classes for her. 

I think CPR is a great idea!

mrswillie
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Quoting Bluetick:

Nope my dd will be showing dogs all summer and we will be traveling all over the US

Oh, wow. That is exciting!

AzariahsMother
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Thanks!  She really would like to get into baby-sitting, and I know having the training would be great for her.  Make some cute business cards, flyer's and maybe she can get on her way into making some $ this summer.  I am hoping I can at least get her to go to camp 1 week. 

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I'm not sure.  I need to start looking into this.  She usually does a week of YMCA and a week of Girl Scouts, but this year she said she didn't want to do either.  So.... need to find some things for my 13 year old to do.  Might check into babysitting and also find C.P.R classes for her. 

I think CPR is a great idea!

Bluetick
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Coonhounds

Quoting terri76:

What kind if dogs does she show?

Quoting Bluetick:

Nope my dd will be showing dogs all summer and we will be traveling all over the US
Bluetick
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Dd is 12 and honestly been through more states than most adults lol she enjoys it

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting Bluetick:

Oh, wow. That is exciting!

terri76
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM
That is awesome..beautiful dogs :)

Quoting Bluetick:

Coonhounds

Quoting terri76:

Quoting Bluetick:

Bluetick
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Coonhounds are our life! Our business and livelyhood our hobby and sport

Quoting terri76:

That is awesome..beautiful dogs :)

Quoting Bluetick:

Coonhounds

Quoting terri76:

Quoting Bluetick:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)