Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How Not to Get the Flu

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am not sharing this because I believe it to be 100% factual. I am sharing it because it contains information that you all may find interesting or informative.

http://expertspages.com/2013/01/flu-prevention-how-to-not-get-the-flu/

Prevent the Flu: How to NOT Get the Flu

Every year we experience outbreaks of flu. With the flu comes a panoply of different symptoms: fever, headache, earache, chills, nausea and loss of appetite, runny or stuffy nose, and exhaustion. We’ve all had these flu symptoms and it stinks when you catch the flu. If you think you’ve caught the flu, don’t panic. There are a few things you can do to deal with flu-like symptoms.

Drink Sufficient Fluids

No matter if you have the flu, cold, or other sickness it’s always important to drink enough fluids. There are many choices to choose from. If you want to really prevent the flu, stay hydrated.

Take Vitamins E, C, and D

When you catch the flu, your immune system is down. Rebuild your immune system. Obtain vitamins C and D in tablet form for quick digestion. Or drink Orange Juice as a way to drinking fluids and getting your vitamins. Preventive measures can help you be the one who doesn’t catch the flu!

Wash Hands

There is nothing wrong with being OCD about hand washing. During flu season, it is imperative you wash your hands. Germs are carried through the air and on anything you touch. Wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, and limit contacts. As a rule, have the family wash their hands upon arrival home.

Use Tissues

Avoid spreading germs by using tissues to wipe runny noses. Avoid using handkerchiefs, wash rags, or towels.

Don’t Touch Your Face

Possibly the hardest step to take to prevent the flu, minimize touching your face, especially the nose and eyes. The more you wipe your nose or touch your eyes, the greater the potential of exposure.

Sleep

Sleep little baby, don’t you cry …. Yes, the best flu tip is the simplest: sleep. Rest is vital to avoiding the flu or minimizing it if you get it.

It is to be hoped these flu tips will enable you to avoid getting the flu. Or, if you do get it, that your symptoms will be minimal. Whatever the case, try to avoid passing it on to others.

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SassyWildflower
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Thanks for sharing :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mysticalmalissa
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Good list!

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for sharing this. =)

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Thanks

KristinRox
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Sleep is something that can come hard for me, when my kids are up in thenight, or when they crawl into bed with us at 3 am. I all of sudden have to sleep in a little tiny ball so that they sleep comfotably. 

The thing that I have a hard part with is, not touching my face. I usually touch my face when Im tired, I dont know why,. 

SabrinaLC
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:41 PM

I touch my face a lot as well.  It's just something I do.  :-/

And I can relate with the sleep thing.  There have been nights when my two year old sleeps with us and I'm forced onto the very edge of the bed to sleep.

Quoting KristinRox:

Sleep is something that can come hard for me, when my kids are up in thenight, or when they crawl into bed with us at 3 am. I all of sudden have to sleep in a little tiny ball so that they sleep comfotably. 

The thing that I have a hard part with is, not touching my face. I usually touch my face when Im tired, I dont know why,. 

***Sabrina *~* wife to Matt  8/6/05*~*Mommy to Isaac 7/25/06, *~*Liam 7/30/08, *~* and Eban 6/24/10***

KristinRox
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I know, right?! How good can the quality of sleep be that we get if we're half awake trying to teater to stay on the bed.. or to stay in a ball so as not to disturb the tiny little bed hijacker. LOL

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I touch my face a lot as well.  It's just something I do.  :-/

And I can relate with the sleep thing.  There have been nights when my two year old sleeps with us and I'm forced onto the very edge of the bed to sleep.

Quoting KristinRox:

JOIN US ON:

sukainah
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Good advice.

Bob192
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Great advice!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN