Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How to stop yelling and get my hubby on the same page with me

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
  • 13 Replies
I just don't like he takes my child side more than me and if I yell he kinda just pats him on the back don't listen to me kinda thing I have Great hubby it's just I want to stop yelling but need a better help with copiloting thanks confused in va
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 5:05 PM

I'm sorry thats happenening. I would probably just talk to me hubby about it and let him know how it makes me feel.

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I would def. talk to hubby alone without kid ears hearing and let him know you need his support when parenting the kids with rules, etc.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, stop yelling so much. It's not good for your kids or your relationship. Try talking to them. However, your husband and yourself should be on the same page when it comes to parenting. 

RobynS
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I have the opposite problem--my husband is the yeller. So I will say to you what I often say to him: It is possible to be stern without yelling. :)

That said, your husband should support you when you reprimand your child. He doesn't have to be supportive of the yelling, but of the reason that you're yelling. Otherwise, he's stepping on your parental toes. :/

sukainah
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I agree with this

Quoting RobynS:

I have the opposite problem--my husband is the yeller. So I will say to you what I often say to him: It is possible to be stern without yelling. :)

That said, your husband should support you when you reprimand your child. He doesn't have to be supportive of the yelling, but of the reason that you're yelling. Otherwise, he's stepping on your parental toes. :/

Bob192
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I agree.  And be specific.  They don't always hear what we are trying to say.

Quoting MichelleK41:

I would def. talk to hubby alone without kid ears hearing and let him know you need his support when parenting the kids with rules, etc.

JZB
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't get him on the same page of you, you have to meet him half way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM

This one.

Quoting MichelleK41:

countrygirlkat
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:42 PM

There is no way you should be discussing it in front of the child because that just makes the child know that they can pit one parent against the other.  If either of you disagree with what the other thinks about something with the child you need to step away and discuss it and come to a unified decision and then go back and tell the child the decision both of you made together and then stick with it. 

missamanda86
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My husband is in the Army, so even when he's not yelling, and just talking in a stern voice, it still seems like he's yelling. So we're working on it, I just tell him to tone it down. But when he's overseas, and I can work with the kids, I think getting control of the house will be a little bit easier

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)