Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

The "What would happen if......" game (cute or mildly annoying)

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM
  • 17 Replies

Both my kids have been doing this A LOT.  "Mom, what would happen if....(we slid down the tail of a brachiosaurus, we ate cereal with chocolate milk, we put chocolate in our ketchup.....etc)?"  I know its all fun and games to them, but we play this game a dozen or more times a day, and most of them are repeat scenarios! 

Do your kids play the "what would happen if......." game?  Do you always play along?  Do you think its cute and creative?  or mildly annoying when they KEEP doing it?

*To be fair, I might just be a bit grumpy because I woke up late and we are out of coffee. :(

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
timon95
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

i think it depends on what is going on in the day. if i am busy trying to get something ready and i need to focus and concentrate and they want to play the game - then yes, it gets old real fast!

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:54 AM

How very cute and yep I would play along as long as it did not go into thousands of questions, LOL.

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM

My kids haven't done anything like that. They have been doing the whole "why" thing lately though.. man, that's annoying. I play along like it doesn't bother me. I answer their questions really crazily, they get bored.

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I have honestly never had this happen with my son. He has never asked me a "what would happen if".

sukainah
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I guess we don't play it as a game but I try to answer their questions the best I can.

RobynS
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha! My kids are very creative, so they do come up with some crazy scenarios and questions. I try to play along most times.

The worst was my niece when she was younger. I'd bring her to my house for the weekend (more than an hour drive) and all the way here she would play the 'survivor' game. She'd say something like, "you're on a sailboat and the sails are ripped, what do you do?" I would make up something like "paddle to a nearby island with homemade oars." She would continue, "Okay, the island has venomous snakes on one side and a volcano spewing hot lava on the other, what do you do?"

This went on and on and on... it got tedious having to come up with creative answers after a while! LOL

KristinRox
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM

My kids dont play that game. I would think it would be funny and cute at first, but then it would get annoying after going through the same questions over and over and over. 

Bob192
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Same here.  My 4 year old is into made up knock knock jokes that arn't funny and she'll say the same one over and over.  I try to laugh and act excited, but it does get old.

Quoting KristinRox:

My kids dont play that game. I would think it would be funny and cute at first, but then it would get annoying after going through the same questions over and over and over. 

paris2lmp
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Does your niece watch survivor shows or something?  LOL

Quoting RobynS:

Haha! My kids are very creative, so they do come up with some crazy scenarios and questions. I try to play along most times.

The worst was my niece when she was younger. I'd bring her to my house for the weekend (more than an hour drive) and all the way here she would play the 'survivor' game. She'd say something like, "you're on a sailboat and the sails are ripped, what do you do?" I would make up something like "paddle to a nearby island with homemade oars." She would continue, "Okay, the island has venomous snakes on one side and a volcano spewing hot lava on the other, what do you do?"

This went on and on and on... it got tedious having to come up with creative answers after a while! LOL

GwenMB
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 7:02 PM

My boys don't ask 'what if' questions, but they will ask questions a lot. I answer as best I can, but sometimes they are hard to answer & sometimes I just don't have patience right then.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)