Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

The "What would happen if......" game (cute or mildly annoying)

Posted by   + Show Post

Both my kids have been doing this A LOT.  "Mom, what would happen if....(we slid down the tail of a brachiosaurus, we ate cereal with chocolate milk, we put chocolate in our ketchup.....etc)?"  I know its all fun and games to them, but we play this game a dozen or more times a day, and most of them are repeat scenarios! 

Do your kids play the "what would happen if......." game?  Do you always play along?  Do you think its cute and creative?  or mildly annoying when they KEEP doing it?

*To be fair, I might just be a bit grumpy because I woke up late and we are out of coffee. :(

by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 9:49 AM
Replies (11-17):
Sisteract
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Out of coffee= disaster, IMO

slw123
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:10 PM

My kids don't play it. It is cute and creative, but I can see how it could get annoying, lol.

copperswifey
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Lol It can be both. It just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. If I'm tired or trying to get things done then it's not always so cute. If I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed and not doing much then it's very cute! lol :)

elasmimi
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 8:18 AM

We haven't discovered that game yet, ssshhhhhwink mini

Madelaine
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Depends on the day but yes we do.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 5, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Mine don't really do that yet.

RobynS
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM

This was several years ago and I don't *think* she was watching those shows... she just has a very good imagination! LOL

Quoting paris2lmp:

Does your niece watch survivor shows or something?  LOL

Quoting RobynS:

Haha! My kids are very creative, so they do come up with some crazy scenarios and questions. I try to play along most times.

The worst was my niece when she was younger. I'd bring her to my house for the weekend (more than an hour drive) and all the way here she would play the 'survivor' game. She'd say something like, "you're on a sailboat and the sails are ripped, what do you do?" I would make up something like "paddle to a nearby island with homemade oars." She would continue, "Okay, the island has venomous snakes on one side and a volcano spewing hot lava on the other, what do you do?"

This went on and on and on... it got tedious having to come up with creative answers after a while! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)