By: Mia Cronan
Difficulty: Very Easy
Age: 4 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
Who knew an old pair of pants could turn into such a cute necklace, or even a headband. Simply cut, add beads, tie it together, and voila--an instant accessory. This idea can be adapted for any holiday, using special colors or festive fabrics.
What you'll need:
- An old piece of stretchy clothing (like stretch pants) that can be cut into a strip approximately 24" by 2".
- Large beads with holes wide enough for fabric to fit through.
- Needle nose pliers
How to make it:
- Cut fabric into a strip approximately 24" by 2". (See photo.)
- Lay out beads in an appealing manner. (See photo.)
- String beads onto fabric, using needle nose pliers to pull, if necessary.
- Space beads according to your taste.
- Tie ends together!
- The more stretchy the fabric, the better for pulling the necklace over your head.
- This piece may also be used as a cute headband with a coordinating outfit.
- Many combinations of beads may be used and can even be changed out for different looks!