Parental supervision is recommended
Freshen up your child's room for the new school year by recycling your old CDs and transforming them into simple, funky homemade clocks. They're great as gifts, too!
What you'll need:
- Old music CD or CD-rom
- "Painters" paint markers
- Metal washer (hardware stores carry these individually)
How to make it:
- Paint the CD with paint markers in any design you want. Let dry.
- Write the numbers around the edge of the CD. Make sure you space them evenly. (Parents should help with this step.)
- Assemble the clock works onto the CD. You'll likely need a bigger washer than what is included in most clock works, which will need to be placed on the top of the CD to keep the clock together.
- Give as a present or keep for yourself.