Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Choosing a right Preschool for kids?

Dorothy2011
Any planning for Christmas? Find five amazing activities that are all Christmas themed and very educational for mental growth and development. Read First School’s latest blog to find out!
51 minutes ago
5 Amazing Christmas Games That Preschoolers Would Love

Do you need to entertain your little ones during this busy holiday season? No problem, here are five amazing activities that are all Christmas themed.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

Finding a good preschool for the kid is pretty tough job. I found out some key factors while selecting Preschool program and would like to share it with you.  Here are this:

Identify your priorities.

Do your research.

Visit and interview

Check references.

Kid-test it

Get on the waiting list

What's your take on it?

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM

i didn't/don't send my kids to preschool so it's a non-issue for us.

12yrmama
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:50 AM

What they say over the phone means a lot. Are they rushed? Did you get transfered? Then they aren't very organized; minus ponts! Can you stop by ANYtime? Or do you need an appointment? If you're only invited at certain times -minus points! Major points for me is if they welcome parents ANYtime, means they are proud of their schedule and have nothing to hide.

Also, look at the art work; did they teacher do it? Or overplan it? If they all look kinda the same its not real art. Huge point there too.

Potty training, is there an age limit? Because you don't need the extra pressure. (same question on bottles and stuff) Do kids move-up rooms based on birthday or readiness?

mrswillie
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I sent mine years ago. Since I was a working mom, school hours, and transportation were also on my list.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM

My kids are doing preschool from home.

cookin_mama665
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I agree with your list.  I was able to find a high-quality daycare/preschool that was not only affordable, but had received numerous awards for the educational program.  There were very few minor violations on their record and they were close to home.  My DS, who will be 4 in April, has been there since he was 8-weeks old.  He is very interested in learning and almost Kindergarten ready.  

kellynh
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Good list, but observe, observe, observe... And do so when things will be chaotic... Getting ready for naps, mealtimes when 15 kids are washing their hands, ect

LOswald0314
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Good tips!

Madelaine
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Good list!

Madelaine
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM

True!

Quoting 12yrmama:

What they say over the phone means a lot. Are they rushed? Did you get transfered? Then they aren't very organized; minus ponts! Can you stop by ANYtime? Or do you need an appointment? If you're only invited at certain times -minus points! Major points for me is if they welcome parents ANYtime, means they are proud of their schedule and have nothing to hide.

Also, look at the art work; did they teacher do it? Or overplan it? If they all look kinda the same its not real art. Huge point there too.

Potty training, is there an age limit? Because you don't need the extra pressure. (same question on bottles and stuff) Do kids move-up rooms based on birthday or readiness?

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:13 AM

i've never sent my kids to preschool.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN