Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

My oldest son is in middle school this year. He is in 6th grade and he also has Add. When he started school, he loved it. He got up early and got himself ready, the joined the chess club and would do his homework and got good grades on test... We ran out of his medicine, and he was doing well, so we decided that we would stop giving it to him. The 2nd Marking period he bombed. he went from an A in math to an F. He was also getting into trouble and not paying attention, so we put him back on the meds. We are having alot of trouble with him not doing his home work, or it takes forever. He forgets to turn it in, and he isnt doing well on test again. I dont know what else to do as I am getting frusterated by all of this and he just doesnt seem to care anymore.

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Replies (11-17):
Samanthamommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I'm sorry!

slw123
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Maybe something is going on at school, like bullying.

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:38 PM

sorry, wish i could help in some way.

copperswifey
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:08 PM

That would be very frustrating. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all this stress :(

cara124
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Sounds like maybe you need to talk to the school & his doctor to see if there is something different everyone can try to encourage him .

sukainah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM

This is what I was thinking is that maybe it takes awhile to get the meds back in his system.

Quoting GwenMB:

Does he just need time to get the med back in his system?  Have you talked to him about what has changed - is anything bothering him? Maybe he's having trouble with another kid at school?

This sounds rather frustrating!  I hope he can get his act together.

sukainah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I hope he gets back into a good place again soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)