Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How often does your school aged child have a playdate?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 27 Replies

My son is in half day Kindergarten.  We've done playdates with his classmates off & on, but I don't think we've had any since Christmas break.  He was recently complaining that he hasn't been to a few of his classmates houses yet. lol  I'll have to invite them over in the hopes that they reciprocate, I guess!  My DS is a social kid.

How often does your child have playdates?  Does school get in the way if they are in school for a full day?

When they have a playdate, do you usually go, too, or do they go by themselves?

My son often goes by himself, but I do go if my younger son is also going for whatever reason or if the mom & I want to visit.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM

My dd is also in 1/2 day kindergarten and she never has play dates.  The way her school drop off is set up, I've never even met any of the parents except for about 2 of them at that was only one time.  In the warmer weather months, she meets up with kids at the park

dusky_rose
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:04 PM

We have been doing play dates after kindergarten for my son on Fridays. A couple of other moms bring their kids and meet us at Burger King for lunch and the play area. They look forward to that. And on some days his best friend will come over after kindergarten to play for a short while as well. I bring his friend home with us while his mom works.

LoveTragedyFun
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I home school my 5 year old. She plays with kids in the neighborhood pretty much daily. We go  on outings with other kids about once a week

elasmimi
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Not very often. I think it's because I am so much older and have nothing in common with the other moms. She does have a friend who comes down on weekends to stay with her grandmother, and she sees her a lot.

timon95
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:56 PM

we are usualy too busy for play dates. sometimes during school vacation we get together with friends and on week-ends.

aneela
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:22 PM

i aim for at least once a week...more when possible but winter has been tough

GwenMB
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting dusky_rose:

We have been doing play dates after kindergarten for my son on Fridays. A couple of other moms bring their kids and meet us at Burger King for lunch and the play area. They look forward to that. And on some days his best friend will come over after kindergarten to play for a short while as well. I bring his friend home with us while his mom works.

That sounds like a great idea!

GwenMB
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Quoting elasmimi:

Not very often. I think it's because I am so much older and have nothing in common with the other moms. She does have a friend who comes down on weekends to stay with her grandmother, and she sees her a lot.

Can she go somewhere without you coming along, or have a friend come over without the mom?

SassyWildflower
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:19 PM

never..she has kindergarten all day

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:39 AM

no school aged children yet. and we don't do many playdates :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN