Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How often does your school aged child have a playdate?

Posted by   + Show Post

My son is in half day Kindergarten.  We've done playdates with his classmates off & on, but I don't think we've had any since Christmas break.  He was recently complaining that he hasn't been to a few of his classmates houses yet. lol  I'll have to invite them over in the hopes that they reciprocate, I guess!  My DS is a social kid.

How often does your child have playdates?  Does school get in the way if they are in school for a full day?

When they have a playdate, do you usually go, too, or do they go by themselves?

My son often goes by himself, but I do go if my younger son is also going for whatever reason or if the mom & I want to visit.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (21-27):
Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM

A lot.  They have friends over now.

MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:32 PM
My 9 yr old goes to his friend's house or his friend comes here daily. Pretty much the same thing with my 14 yr old. But my youngest who is almost 5 & goes to school half days dosnt have many playdates. When she does it is more with cousins or children of my friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kainalu55
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM

my daughter has had one play date with a neighbor when she was in preschool, she's now in kindergarten. Her cousins come over, but we haven't invited any other friends.

copperswifey
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM

They have them once or twice a week :)

Bob192
by Crystal on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I have a moms group and we get together once a month.

cara124
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:56 AM

As my kids are teenagers they have " playdates" with friends almost daily .... Sometimes I invite the mom to chat if they are dropping/picking up their kid & sometimes I stop to chat when picking up/dropping off my kid

sukainah
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Mine never had playdates.  I feel kind of bad about that because they don't really have any friends.  My oldest is in 1st grade and my youngest is not in school yet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)