Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy, I love myself.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
  • 16 Replies

This is what DS (age 5) said to me the other day.  Hubby and I spend time teaching our kids to like and love themselves, so you can't imagine how happy I was to hear he is comfortable in this own skin and enjoy being who he is.  :)

Do your kids love and like themselves?  What do you do to promote the love?

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sukainah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Aww, how sweet.  That's really great.  I've had a difficult time lately with my son.  I don't know if he just wants attention but he has been very negative about himself lately.  I always tell him how special he is, both of my kids

countrygirlkat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:58 PM

That is great!  We try to teach them the same things. 

mamavalor
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids can be negative about themselves sometimes too.  It's normal.  I always praise when praising is due and correct them when their actions/behaviors need correcting.  I guess I just keep it real so that no matter where they go and what they do the responses from people will be consistent with mine.

No worries.  Just keep at it and it will all sink into them.  ;)

Quoting sukainah:

Aww, how sweet.  That's really great.  I've had a difficult time lately with my son.  I don't know if he just wants attention but he has been very negative about himself lately.  I always tell him how special he is, both of my kids

MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:01 PM
My 2 younger kids do for sure. My oldest, a 14 year old girl dosnt always but I think that has alot to do with be a teenage girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That's  great. I hope my kids do, they don't seem to struggle with self worth. Hoping they don't..

mamavalor
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:50 AM

DD1 is 12 and will be heading over to the middle school in the fall.  I am worried for her as I heard the middle school years are brutal to girls' self-esteems.  How did your daughter do? 

Quoting MamaMandee:

My 2 younger kids do for sure. My oldest, a 14 year old girl dosnt always but I think that has alot to do with be a teenage girl.

MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:31 AM
She is finishing up 8th grade right now & yes middle school is really hard on girls. I suggest encouraging her to join a sport or club. Having a team/group can be helpful by giving her a group of friends, a goal to focus on & helps with self esteem. I wish her the best of luck next year.

Quoting mamavalor:

DD1 is 12 and will be heading over to the middle school in the fall.  I am worried for her as I heard the middle school years are brutal to girls' self-esteems.  How did your daughter do? 

Quoting MamaMandee:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM
My son most the time is positive about himself but sometimes he will say things that make me sad.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Thank you for the advice.  I suppose it's just all part of growing pains.

Quoting MamaMandee:

She is finishing up 8th grade right now & yes middle school is really hard on girls. I suggest encouraging her to join a sport or club. Having a team/group can be helpful by giving her a group of friends, a goal to focus on & helps with self esteem. I wish her the best of luck next year.

Quoting mamavalor:

Quoting MamaMandee:

MamaMandee
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Yup and your welcome!

Quoting mamavalor:

Thank you for the advice.  I suppose it's just all part of growing pains.

Quoting MamaMandee:

Quoting mamavalor:

Quoting MamaMandee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)