By: Amanda Formaro
Age: 6 and up
Parental supervision is recommended
These delicate little cotton ball easter chicks are perfect as a table decoration for Easter dinner! Use one near each place setting for a fun conversation starter or put a whole bunch of them in an empty egg carton in the center of the table!
What you'll need:
- 2 yellow pom-poms or yellow cotton balls
- Half of a clean egg shell
- Small piece of orange craft foam
- 2 google eyes
- White craft glue
- Wood doll base (the kind used with clothespins)
- Pastel colored craft paint
How to make it:
- Paint the doll base and set aside.
- Be sure that the egg shell is clean and dry. Glue the poms-poms inside the egg shell.
- Cut the craft foam into a triangle to make the beak. Glue onto the top yellow pom-pom.
- Glue google eyes above the beak.
- Glue the egg shell to the doll base.
- Egg shells are very delicate so be sure to handle carefully so they don't crack.
- Some stores carry colorful cotton balls. If you can find yellow ones, they'll work well as a substitute for pom-poms in this craft.
- You can add small pom-poms in the front of the egg shell to act as baby wings if you like. They add a cute effect!