Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facts About Indian Culture

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM
  • 11 Replies
I would like to share some facts about India that makes it unique from other culture. let's read about "The saree" which is one of the most beautiful and elegant outfits that is now also doing the rounds of international ramps. http://blog.janoindia.com/saree-an-enticing-indian-woman-dress/
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:23 AM

We live very close to a reservation, my dd sees that culture alot. It's very interesting.

sukainah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM

That's really interesting!  I didn't know there were many types of sarees

janoindia
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:05 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your response. what else you know about Indian Culture share with us. I will look forward for your response.

janoindia
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:10 AM

India Is  celebrating its one of the most important festival know as Holi. Check out this link to know about lathmar holi of Mathura where one can see crowds of men, cowering before women striking them with bamboo sticks.#mce_temp_url#

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:15 AM

She's not talking about American Indian....

Quoting goddess99:

We live very close to a reservation, my dd sees that culture alot. It's very interesting.

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

IAMmomtotrips
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 7:25 AM
My best friend is Indian! I love her culture...I've attended temple with her, done Holi celebrations, even though it was a very sad event, I was with my best friend through all the funeral events when her father died and that was a very different type of funeral.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Oh lol sorry!

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

She's not talking about American Indian....

Quoting goddess99:

sukainah
by Bronze Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM

That would be interesting and beautiful to see!

Quoting janoindia:

India Is  celebrating its one of the most important festival know as Holi. Check out this link to know about lathmar holi of Mathura where one can see crowds of men, cowering before women striking them with bamboo sticks.#mce_temp_url#

ScrChk23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Thank you for sharing!

arpazia
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 3:24 PM
That's very neat. Tfs:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)