Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

i need to change.. judge me?

Posted by   + Show Post

i need advice. i don't have money for a therapist..

so i am asking all of you mom's out there becuase i feel you will all give me better advice anyways.

for the last 5 years i have slowly  only thought of my self. we own or own business. and have a 5 year old. i do as little as i have to . and then i purposely get busy with something so i don't have to deal with them.

When i go do things for my self. things other parents would be taking their kids with them. i get my parents to watch my son.. so i get it the easy way,

when we get home at night ( i need to start learning how ot cook) well lately i have been trying. but we usually get home. i turn my computer on and i get on facebook for hours. and then yell at everyone becuase they aren't doing what needs to be done.

I have completely ignored my husbands needs for years. and he feels that all the reason i am here. is so he can take care of me. and so i can have it easy.( i miss the way it used to be)

I have no idea how to change. or how to start to change. one thing i am going to start to do. is when i have things to do , i am not pawning him off with family. i am going to be the mother that i need to be.

How do i stop doing things for my self or even think of my self. i need to start doing things with my family instead of what i want to do.

how do i do these things?

and if you feel like just yelling at me. well maybe you should. maybe it  will help me just wake up!!

Thank you Momma's for your listening!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:47 PM
Replies (11-14):
countrygirlkat
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 2:56 PM
First off I would make a schedule for yourself of things you need to do that day whether it is cooking or cleaning or doing things with the family or whatever. Then I would make yourself do those things first. If after you have done everything you need to do there is still time to do things for yourself then you can do those things. I would also make it where you aren't allowed on the computer until everything is done. Lastly I would maybe go see your regular doctor to see if you might have some depression or anxiety to deal with.
Bob192
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM

It is okay to do things for yourself, but you need to spend time with your family too.  There is a good book called the 5 Love Languages.  It is a very short/easy read.  Find out what your families love language is and then do that for them.  It will feel one-sided for a long time, but it can make a big difference.  It did in my marriage.

slw123
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:27 AM

How about if you get rid of the computer at home and focus on they family.  I know how easy it is to get sucked into the computer.

mrswillie
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Hugs. I would see a doctor. Their  could be underlying conditions. Also, a way to start getting this done, is put yourself on a schedule.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)