Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

How do your kids get along with their siblings?

by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Replies (11-14):
Serenitymom
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I try to remind my kids about eachothers feelings. Like if my five year old just yanks something out of my three year olds hands, then I make her give it back, tell her to ask nicely and wait until he is done with whatever he has. If they fight over the toy, I ask who had it first, usually they are good about not lying about that. My seven year old has gotten pretty good about sharing, the other two we are still working on how to behave towards eachother lol. When it comes to tv time, I make sure they rotate who gets to watch what. To prevent fighting, I usually try to say who does what first when it comes to doing things.

Sometimes though, I do let them figure out how to do it themselves because they are not going to learn if I constantly step in. And for the most part, they figure out how to work with eachother.

MansfieldMama
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM

My boys get along exceptionally well, but I think it's partly because they are 6.5 years apart, and partly because my oldest is so laid back.  I'm surprised how much time they spend together with the age difference, but they are really close.  They enjoy spending time together.  They're 9 and 15, and I keep waiting for them to go through a rough patch, but it hasn't happened so far.

jakesgal88
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Mine fight, tattle, and make each other cry all the time. Drives me bananas. Our children are very well-behaved when we are in public places, but they aren't so great at home. Also, I have boys ages 10, 8, and 7 and they cry about everything. I think they are too old to cry about everything, but have no idea how to break it. For example: if we had plans to go visit gma and something comes up they cry. If they are hungry and dinner is in the oven but not done, they cry. Silly stuff. I need a manual. lol.

Sisteract
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Well

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)