Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cannot believe my own sister would do this to me

Posted by   + Show Post

Let me start at the begining. 

We both grew up very poor. Jumping from home to home or with whoever my mother was dating at the time.

My sister and I have always had a good relationship. She was older than me so when she moved out, got pregnant and had a family, I was still in HS. After I graduated, I spent a lot of time partying and having fun and we never really chatted.

Eventually, I got back in touch with her. Her and baby daddy broke up and I spent a lot of time with her and the kids. Watched them, went out to party.

They have been seperated for about a year when my sister introduced me to her baby daddys brother. Ive met him several time but I was 16 and made no mind of it. But we hit it off instantly. We started seeing each other and my sister seemed to really encourage our relationship.

Well, after a few weeks of dating my sister started to tell me very unfavorable things about him. Ex wife, has a child, bla bla bla. I didnt care. I was hurt he didnt tell me, but I was okay with it. Well she kept doing it. Bringing me out to bars trying to hook me up with other men, whispering in my ear that he was probably going to cheat on me, just saying anything she could to hurt our relationship.

well, I didnt realize it at the time, but she was trying to break us up. I didnt realize it because she was my sister, I loved her. I looked up to her. I thought she was looking out for me. 

I disconnected with him (my bf ) and was distant and we both wondered into others arms. I got pregnant and things changed. 

My bf and I really worked on our relationship, a lot! and we worked it out. 

My sister was very displeased with that. She stopped talking to me, she ignored me. And I was in the dark. I was so torn apart when she just up and left. 

My bf at the time and I got married, going on three years now. So i can call him my hubby. We started chatting about my sister and we connected the dots. My hubby sister started to tell me all the horrible things she was saying about me. Really bad horrible things. Not just when we stopped talking, but years before that!! 

She would tell people I was a whore, I was just like my mom (certainly not a compliment), how I just married my husband for no reason. Just really horrible things. 

Even now, 3 yrs later, she STILL talks crap about me. especially to my hubbys mom. Remmeber, my sisters baby daddy is my hubbys brother. So same mom. 

That made for a very tough family for me to get into and get to accept me. I went thru hell with that family because of the things my sister would say to them. My hubbys mom told him not to marry me!!!

I have gotten over it. I just move on and keep trucking, especially with my children. Things have gotten better with hubbys mom, but I think little bird is tweeting in her ear again. She had absolutley NO ammo. nothing. I dont talk to her. I dont talk about her. 

They dont invite me to do things with the kids. Just two weeks ago, they all (grandma, my sister, her kids) went to Mall of America and didnt ask me to go with. I though she would be over me being in the family, but she keeps on with the punches. 

I cried when she told me she wanted nothing to do with me or the kids (I was pregnant with my 2nd). I was heartbroken.

I still want my sister back. My best friend, but she is so heartless. What do I do?

What would you do?

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Replies (11-12):
PinkButterfly66
by on May. 21, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Honey, move on.  You can't get blood from a turnip.  She is jealous of you, isn't it obvious?

LOswald0314
by on May. 21, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Some people just don't deserve multiple chances :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)