Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Co-sleeping with older children.... opinions?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

my DS is constantly coming into bed with me and he is 9.  It is just him and I in our home so I do not care if he sleeps with me.  I am enjoying the cuddle time I get with him before Mom is not cool anymore.  My question for everyone is that do you feel this holds him back or just let it be and not worry.... unless he is 30 and still crawls into bed :-) THAT WAS A FUNNY HA HA.

Just curious, docs say do not worry about it and other countries co-sleep more openly then US so enjoy the time they grow too fast.

??? opinions ???

by on Jun. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
6-is-it
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Just enjoy being a loving mother to your son. But, I'm curious...did you co-sleep with him from birth? I've done so with 5 of my 6 children. The 9 mth old still sleeps with me, the 2 yr old just stopped recently, but they all come and wake me and the hubby up by jumping in the bed.

dusky_rose
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:55 AM

My 6 year old son crawls into bed with me if he has a bad dream. I'm sure that he will decide that there is a time when he doesn't want to anymore.

goddess99
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:03 PM

I don't agree with co sleeping at any age so...

GwenMB
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I would just enjoy it as long as it lasts.  You aren't forcing it, he wants to join you.  As long as both of you are comfortable with it, I see nothing wrong with it.

bchic24
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:48 PM

I still co-sleep with my son who is 2 but that's only because he currently does not have a bed lol. Working on that..... but when I was 9 I was still climbing into bed with my mom in the middle of the night. Not every night but most. Just enjoy it, because in a couple of years he will think it's stupid and you'll miss it!

elasmimi
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My almost 7 y/o still sleeps with us occasionally. We got her to stop for a while, but knowing how quickly they grow up, I no longer object. Soon she won't want to.

CHDMommy3
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Yes, I pretty much co-slept with him since birth.  He was in my room with a crib but he had alot of meds he took every 2 hours so I pretty much kept him with me.  He never slept in the bed but on me mostly and as he got older and it just being us I enjoyed the cuddle time.

I was just curious :-) thanks

Quoting 6-is-it:

Just enjoy being a loving mother to your son. But, I'm curious...did you co-sleep with him from birth? I've done so with 5 of my 6 children. The 9 mth old still sleeps with me, the 2 yr old just stopped recently, but they all come and wake me and the hubby up by jumping in the bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)