Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

4 Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Fall With the Kids

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 75 Replies

by Mary Fischer

After Halloween is over, it seems kind of silly to keep spooky home decorations like ghosts and goblins out on display. But you can still keep your home festive for fall even though we still have a month or so to go before the holidays kick in. I mean, fall doesn't have to equal Halloween, right?

And what better way to stop your kids from whining about their candy being gone than to get them involved in helping you turn your home into a fall wonderland? 

Take this lovely arrangement of mums, gourds, and pumpkins, for example. The myriad of colors are a perfect fit for autumn, and this makes a great display, inside or out.

And if pumpkins and gourds really aren't you're thing, here are a few more great fall inspired ideas to fall back on to adorn your home with.

Colorful leaves -- Let's face it, they're everywhere right now, so you might as well turn decorating into a fun activity. Take the kids outside and have them gather up the prettiest leaves they can find, then bring them in and dress up your mantel, or even use them as a centerpiece.

Candles -- With Frankenstorm looming over the east coast this week, now is the perfect time to take warm colored candles out of storage and put them in every room of your house. (Might as well kill two birds with one stone.)

Corn husks -- All you need is a basket and a bunch of different colors of corn to create the perfect fall accent for any room in your home.

What fun fall decorations have you put up in your home?

Image via Lori L. Stalteri/Flickr

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candycrush
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Autumn is one of my favorite decorating times. I leave pumpkins out from October 1st through Thanksgiving.

DNewman
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I love the fall colors and love to bring the outdoor fallness in! So I decorate with grapevines, leaves. Have been know to go to the farm behind me and use cornstalks for out doors and old corn for in! =)

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 30, 2013 at 5:34 PM

We'll get some pumpkins to put on the front steps.  We steer clear of mums and candles.  They are both killers for our allergies.

Madelaine
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Nice!

matt_sara_mom
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 6:26 PM

We have window clings, spider webs, lots of handprint art, and paper chain is being worked on.

Charizma77
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I need to decorate, I've been slacking 

Sisteract
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:39 PM

TFS

Desirae1394
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM
I love candles, gourds and mums. :) oh and leaf window clings.
kellynh
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Love corn husks

kellynh
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Just told d I wanted to get some mums 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN