Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

10 Seriously Awesome Family Costume Ideas

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
  • 70 Replies

by Nicole Fabian-Weber

Do you have your costume yet? What about your husband? How about the kids? Halloween is less than two weeks away, you know? Well, if you haven't already purchased something, and you don't feel like dusting off the ol' clown costume again, how about this: A family costume. You know, like, the whole gang of you, going as something together. It's adorable. It's hilarious. And it's different.

Here are 10 seriously awesome family costume ideas. And if you don't yet have a Halloween costume, get on it already!

The cast of your favorite movie or TV show. Be it Star Wars, Jersey Shore, or The Royal Tenenbaums -- have each member of your family dress up like the most appropriate cast member. Bonus points if you get your toddler to pull off Margot Tenenbaum.

The Addams Family. A classic one. But one that's perfect if you have a son and a daughter.

The judges on American Idol. Or X Factor. Or The Voice. Or America's Got Talent.

Barbie, Ken, Skipper, et al. Throw on a couple of blond wigs and a neck scarf for Ken, and you're good to go.

The Blue Man Group. Yeah, it's been done, but can you think of an easier costume?

A family of ghosts. Okay, there's one.

Fruit of the Loom characters. Or, you know, just fruit.

The Kardashians. Because there simply isn't enough Kardashian in the world.

Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, and Ghosts. You don't have to actually eat the little ghosts, but you might want to chase them around a bit for authenticity. 

Zombies and victims. Because you know your neighbor's family is going to be vampires. And zombies trump vampires any day.

Have you ever dressed up as a family?

Image via Editor B/Flickr

by on Sep. 24, 2013 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blue_lagoon
by Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:01 AM

We haven't.  My husband's a party pooper!

DNewman
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:53 AM

My hubby has dressed up as an alien. Using tin foil from the kitchen and makeup! Kids love when the adults come to the door dressed up to hand out candy!

EmptyNestMama
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Nope only the kid dressed up! 

callmemaybe
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 1:12 PM

We've never dressed up as a family, but my husband and I once went to a costume party dressed as Dog the Bounty Hunter and his wife, Beth.  :)

lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I think we are this year.  My dd is being Little Red Riding Hood.  I want to dress as the wolf in granny's nightgown and I want my SO to be the woodsman.

johnny4ever
Happy 11th Birthday Daniel!!!
Yesterday at 7:30 AM
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM

nope

johnny4ever
Happy 11th Birthday Daniel!!!
Yesterday at 7:30 AM
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM

But I would like to!

MichelleK41
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Oh yeah we have did the zombie thing.

jen113000
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:46 AM
We've never dressed up as a family only the kids dress up.
goddess99
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 8:48 AM

No we don't but I love the Pac-Man family idea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)