Ghosts in the Graveyard Dessert Recipe Is an Easy One to Make With the Kids
by Maressa Brown
Some of the most fun Halloween treats aren't so much about gourmet ingredients or slavin' in the kitchen for an hour. Instead, they're more like edible craft projects. You know, the spookier version of a gingerbread house. (Although, if you're in the path of this weekend's potentially crazy snowstorm, it might look like it's already time for gingerbread houses this Halloween!)
At any rate, Ghosts in the Graveyard has to be one of the cutest Halloween desserts of all time. And best of all, the no-bake concoction is really easy and fun to create. Check out the recipe ...
Ghosts in the Graveyard recipe from CafeMom member Gabe11-14
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 package Chocolate Instant pudding
- 3 cups Cool Whip
- 4 oz rectangular white cookies
- Cool Whip
- Candied corn
- Place cookies in zip-lock bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Make pudding as directed and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the Cool Whip, and 1/2 the cookies.
- Spoon mixture into a 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Decorate using rectangular cookies as tombstones, etc.
- Use Cool Whip to make ghost-shaped blobs on the top, create swirls of *ghosts* on top, use pieces of black licorice for the eyes.
- Place the candied corn around the top.
Image via Ali West/Flickr