Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Random Acts of Kindness

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 65 Replies
3 moms liked this

Maya Angelou once pointed out that you are not remembered for what you say or do, but for how you make people feel. And I believe that one easy way to make people around you feel better (and remember you for the wonderful, loving, thoughtful person you are,) is to practice random acts of kindness.

Random acts of kindness come in almost any shape and size. You can give a loved one a card, just saying "Hi," or "Thanks for being You," and make them smile. You can write a quick, funny note, and hide it somewhere someone will find it unexpectedly, like under a pillow or in a coat pocket or suitcase. You can print a photo of a fun moment or just a cute kid or animal, tape it somewhere random, and make someone laugh. You can bring a friend a meal, or take them out to lunch, for no special reason other than to make them feel good.

You can also do things for those around you, large or small, to help make their life easier, either for a moment, a day, or even a lifetime. You can donate an old car or wheelchair or even computer to someone whose mobility or quality of life truly depends on this. Or you can help weed a neighbor's garden, take out their trash or pick up their kids from school for a week. You can wash someone's car or harbor their pet. You can lend a person a hand, or a shoulder to cry on, or just put a smile on their face for a moment. Whatever you do, you should be sure to enjoy doing it, because by practicing kindness you are not only helping them, you are also helping yourself become a happier, more fulfilled and thoughtful individual. It's really a win-win way to fill a free moment in your day, and someone else's.

Do you enjoy practicing random acts of kindness? How?

© iStockphoto.com/g_studio  

by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 6:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!I sent cards in the mail!

Leelee1008
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 7:48 AM

yes, just doing little things to help someone out. 

they dont have to be big.

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I like to help people out and cheer up someone's day

jen113000
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree!

Quoting Leelee1008:

virginiamama71
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:18 AM

AGREE

Quoting Leelee1008:

strictmomhere
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:21 AM
3 moms liked this
I have always helped the needy and now that we are needy people help us:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I send random cards
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM
We volunteer at the nursing home we read and visit with the residents makes them smile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
We are helping a family with Thanksgiving dinner:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, but it's usually within my little circle of family and friends. I need to branch out.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)