Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What is your family’s favorite Holiday tradition?

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM
  • 106 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does your family enjoy sledding in the snow or do you prefer to stay cozy with games by the fire? Maybe you enjoy decorating the house or sipping hot chocolate?

From building snowmen to baking cookies, the holidays are a wonderful time to create cherished traditions with your family and loved ones.

Tell us.... What is your family's favorite Holiday tradition?

We'd love to see a photo of your family tradition as well!

We're look forward to hearing from you!

The Cafemom Team

*Any comments or photos shared may be repurposed on Cafemom or partner websites.

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kmakksmom
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Our favorite holiday traditions include: "Baking with Daddy", decorating the house together, decorating the trees, and on Christmas Eve we all get in jammies, yep...even Daddy the driver...grab some blankets and hot chocolate in thermoses, get in our car *this year a Suburban, every year previous a cruddy minivan that barely fit 7 of us*, and go around and look at Christmas lights.  Usually everyone is asleep by the time we come home...well, all passengers at least! ;)

ceciliam
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

One tradition is that we decorate our house the day after, Thanksgiving, and we make cookies and hot chocolate.

Another tradition is having my sister come over and we make a ton of perogies!

My sister and niece

My son and yes he is wearing my apron:)

ceciliam
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

We also kick off December with a small gift to our son on, December 1st. Last year, I made him superhero ornaments.

squeekers
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Every year when someone gets a bow on their present, it get put onto DD's head.

Leelee1008
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Christmas is my FAVORITE holiday. Its not because of the presents. I love to decorate, I love to see the beutiful lights, and displays. I love baking holiday goodies, I love the smell, the music. I love it all!

Our family likes to cut our tree down. In fact getting the tree has always been my favorite tradition. I used to go every year with my grandfather. When he passed away, I kept it up.

Another one of our favorite traditions is going to what is called Santa Claus lane. Its a man who decorates his house, and really does it up. Its beautiful.

Leelee1008
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this

here is one of the pics of Santa claus lane last year

And Dh cutting our tree 2 years ago.

dusky_rose
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

We love driving around the neighborhoods to see how the homes got decorated. And if it snows (hardly ever) there are snowmans and snow angels to make. It's really hard to capture good Christmas light pictures, but here is one from last year.

This snow picture is actually from the spring of this year.

jen113000
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:54 PM
We always decorate the tree together. The boys love decorating every year! We also make and decorate homemade ornaments and cookies! They love to decorate!
mom_4_God
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 2:57 PM

For us I think we would all say it's decorating the house and church up for Christmas. We make a big deal of it. Christmas music, cheese and crackers, eggnog and wine for the grown-ups.

tarahearts
by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I love to decorate after Thanksgiving and bake cookies with my son. It's been a tradition I had with my Grandma and when she passed I kept it up with my son. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)