Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Pumpkin Party

Posted by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM
  • 51 Replies

Pumpkins are such wonderful creations. Just the sight of them and their bright, round, cheerful shapes conjure up so many great memories for me, of cool fall nights and sunny harvest days, of the colors, smells and flavors of autumn, and of the warmth and joy of holidays approaching.

Pumpkins are fun to go pick and chose, they are delicious to cook and bake with, and they are perfect for decorating your home, garden, porch or doorstep with. Here are some ideas for throwing a memorable and easy pumpkin party this fall:

1) Bake up some pumpkin muffins and serve with them with cream-cheese frosting. You can use canned pureed pumpkin as an egg substitute in any of your favorite muffin or cupcake recipes, or steam and mash your own fresh pumpkin instead. Either way, you are in for a real, moist, delicious treat and you can freeze any extras for a rainy day as well. Yum!

2) Roast your pumpkin seeds and spice them up with a little cumin, turmeric and paprika or just toss with a little salt for a healthy, crunchy side snack everyone can enjoy. Then roast or steam the pumpkin flesh, peel it, puree it in a pot adding some chopped shallots, chicken or veggie broth, a dash of heavy cream and fresh sage or thyme for a velvety, hearty and flavorful fall soup that compliments any meal nicely. (I prefer using the beautiful, dark orange "fairy tale" pumpkins for this dish, personally. And we like this dish so much, we served it as our starter last Thanksgiving).

3) Make a pumpkin patch in your garden so that kids and guests can go hunt for their own pumpkin, and pick one out. Setup a table with art supplies for the kids to each decorate their own, and a carving station, if you want to allow the grown ups to enjoy getting creative, too.

4) Decorate your home or even just your central table with colorful fall leaves and some extra pumpkins and gourds for a fun and festive autumn feel, and serve up some hot, spiced apple cider for a real harvest treat for your party guests.

Do you have any fun pumpkin party suggestions?

© iStockphoto.com/microdon  

by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
I never had a pumpkin party!
mommygerdes
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the ideas!you rock

kellynh
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Never done it,

4kidz916
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:09 AM

I usually just decorate with the pumpkins.

johnny4ever
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

I should have one next year!

Miranda1127
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

ummm pumpkin carving of course ;)

I like your list, add a few pumpkin activities and it sounds like the PERFECT pumpkin party to me.

jen113000
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:55 AM
We either carve or paint pumpkins. We love eating pumpkin muffins as well!
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Cute ideas =)

virginiamama71
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM

this

Quoting Hottmomma607:

ceciliam
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I love this idea and am going to keep it in mind for next year!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN