Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Fall Nature Crafts

Posted by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 52 Replies
3 moms liked this

Making nature crafts with your kids is so much fun, and does not need to take a whole lot of time, effort or skill. Fall is a wonderful time to enjoy this activity with your family because of all the beautiful colors and changes popping up all around. Whether you are strolling through a park, down a river, or simply getting some fresh air in your own yard or at a playground with your children, here are a few fun ideas for fall nature crafts you can create together:

1) Leaf crowns: You need nothing more than a simple strip of paper and some glue to assemble a circle that will fit your child's head. Then let them enjoy gluing some colorful fall leaves they have collected all around, and be a leaf princess or king for the day.

2) Stick dolls: With just a few sturdy sticks and twigs, and some simple wood glue and twine, your kids can make a quick and unique stick doll that they can enjoy playing with for a long time. (You'll be surprise how much they enjoy a simple stick doll they crafted themselves!) Give them either a round piece of construction paper or felt, to use as the head, let them use a large leaf, if they want a really nature-inspired sort of doll. Or simply take a small napkin, crumble it up, and wrap a piece or fabric around to make a round head. Twine or wool make great hair, and any bits of old clothing can be cut up to dress the doll.

3) Twig boxes: Kids love secret little boxes to hide things in. Using some cardboard you can tape together, have them glue sticks and acorns and leaves all around so it appears like a little nature treasure chest.

4) Pebble people: Stacking pebbles kids collect and gluing them together is another fun way to make their nature findings come alive in unique ways. Kids love painting pebbles too, because they are smooth, and quick and easy to decorate.

5) Magic wands: Every kid can use a magic wand, I think. Choosing a stick outside and decorating it with a large aluminum foil wrapped star, cut from cardboard and glued onto the end of the stick, is an easy way to make your own. Add ribbons by just tying them around the stick once and letting them hang down for a more colorful and fancy wand.

On websites like Hallmark.com, you can find lots of other creative ideas for using nature to decorate and enhance you home, or make fun fall crafts with. Check out some of their suggestions here: http://www.hallmark.com/fall/ideas/fall-decorations/

What kind of fall nature crafts have your kids enjoyed creating?

© iStockphoto.com/TonyLomas  

by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I was actually thinking of what I can do with fall crafts! Thanks for this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 7:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Anything with leaves

goddess99
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

We usually do a pinecone and stick centerpiece.

jen113000
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome ideas!
lalasmama2007
by Ticia on Nov. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

My dd wants to make one of these.

Sisteract
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Fun!

Kmakksmom
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
anything with leaves, pinecones and sticks.
timon95
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

great ideas. we use faux nature for crafts and decorating

sukainah
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

My kids like to take leaves and color over the top of them and make it on paper.  These are great ideas!

la_bella_vita
by on Nov. 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Fun ideas! My kids love to do stuff with leaves.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)