Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What are your kids reading? Any chapter book series recommendations for a 4 yr old?

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:44 PM
  • 22 Replies

We are almost finished with the Magic Tree House and we've already done the Mouse and the Motorcycle books, what else do you recommend for this same level of reading?

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparta.
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 8:45 PM
How do I get my 3 1/2 & 5 yr olds into chap books? Ive tried, they get bored or dont pay attention after the.first.few pages :/
SweetLuci
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Let them read what they want, go at their own speed. Don't push if they're not ready.

Quoting Sparta.:

How do I get my 3 1/2 & 5 yr olds into chap books? Ive tried, they get bored or dont pay attention after the.first.few pages :/

Heather2001
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My DD(5) still prefers the shorter kids books.  We've been working up to chapter books, but she still gets distracted easily.

SweetLuci
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Peterson, John. The Littles Only a few inches tall, the members of the Little family encounter a myriad of dangers, especially when the house cat comes their way.

ablackdolphin
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I have always read them at nap time and bedtime.  They end up missing several pages but I usually start over each time a few pages back.  Have you tried the Magic Tree House series? DD really likes them, started at 3.5.

Quoting Sparta.:

SweetLuci
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:52 PM

What about the Magic Schoolbus books?

ablackdolphin
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM

I REALLY need some of these! Good reminder. We just got all of the Magic School Bus DVDs and she LOVES them!  I need to add those to her Christmas list! THANK YOU!!

Quoting SweetLuci:

What about the Magic Schoolbus books?

ablackdolphin
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Thanks, I'm going to look into these!! I haven't heard of them.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Peterson, John. The Littles Only a few inches tall, the members of the Little family encounter a myriad of dangers, especially when the house cat comes their way.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 9:59 PM
I'm reading my ds, 5, The Hobbit, 30 pages left :) it's our bedtime story. I read a few pages a night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenAtargatis
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 10:03 PM
We read lots of classics aloud. Alice in Wonderland, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Peter Pan, etc.

My 7 year old REALLY loves anything by Roald Dahl.

Junie B Jones books are silly nonsense, but fun to read.

Cam Jansen? Judy Moody?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)