Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

What are some ways kids can show thanks?

Posted by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 16 Replies

Thanksgiving is coming and i had on my mind to help my son say thank you to special people in his life...

What are some ways kids can show thanks?

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Helping others in need,
Give to others .. their toys, their clothes.
I mean things they have outgrown :)

mamavalor
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

We do a tree of thanks, making the trunk and branches out of construction paper or even real branches from the yard.  They would write their appreciations on leaves that I had cut out of red, orange, yellow, and green construction paper and tape onto the branches. 

AlannaMaria
by on Nov. 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Donating there old clothes and toys

We donate canned and boxed food to DD school for families in need around this time.

We usually pick a name off the Angel Tree from the Salvation Army and buy toys and clothes for a child off the tree!

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 1, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Good ideas! My sons save their money and give to other kids via the angel tree.
We volunteer at the soup kitchen in town sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM

When I was college I used to volunteer at a soup kitchen for abused moms and their children.  I have been thinking about starting up that again with my two oldest.  How old were your kids when you first started taking them to soup kitchens?

Quoting celestegood:

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:25 AM
A few years younger. They were thirteen, seven, two, and I was pregnant but almost ready to pop. They love it. It makes them be able to see that helping others is something you do. Good luck getting back into it! It's so worth it.

Quoting mamavalor:

When I was college I used to volunteer at a soup kitchen for abused moms and their children.  I have been thinking about starting up that again with my two oldest.  How old were your kids when you first started taking them to soup kitchens?

Quoting celestegood:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 7:31 AM

My kids do the perfunctory giving through their school, church, and Scouts.  But what I teach my kids is to be kind to those all around them as this act is just as important, if not more so, than the giving to all charities or fundraisers.  Sorry for stepping onto the soap box but I just hate it when mean kids (and adults) act so hauty because they gave to this or that.

aidensmomma508
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Nice 

Quoting hugss:

Helping others in need,
Give to others .. their toys, their clothes.
I mean things they have outgrown :)

aidensmomma508
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Great idea

Quoting mamavalor:

We do a tree of thanks, making the trunk and branches out of construction paper or even real branches from the yard.  They would write their appreciations on leaves that I had cut out of red, orange, yellow, and green construction paper and tape onto the branches. 

aidensmomma508
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 9:22 PM

That's great

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Donating there old clothes and toys

We donate canned and boxed food to DD school for families in need around this time.

We usually pick a name off the Angel Tree from the Salvation Army and buy toys and clothes for a child off the tree!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)