Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm Done.... Update on page 3 of replies 11/10/13 Update on page 5 11/11/13

...with my 7 year old DS's BS attitude and disobeying and am less than 30 minutes from completely cancelling his Christmas.

He constantlly refuses to clean his room.  This means clothes, books and toys where they belong.  2 weeks ago when I had it I gave him a time frame and everything I picked up after was given away.  I have been asking nicely, not letting him play till it;s done, demanding he clean it since Tuesday.  When I last looked in about 10 minutes ago he still has not touched a single thing.

He already knows I will give more toys away.  I said if I see a big improvement he can earn the right to keep Christmas but if I don't see one he will get absolutely nothing.  I am just DONE with his crap.

I try to be nice but all I get is "Idon't care" or "I hate you , you hate me, you're a dummy etc".  I know kids younger then him that have a heck more chores than he does and harder as well.  That do them without complaint.

He needs to straighten up and fly right quick.

I know I amprobably not being positive but I can only ask nicely so many times.

Any ideas?????+

by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Replies (51-56):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:32 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like great progress ;)

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

By the time Jericho was able to use his media time he only had 30 minutes he could use of 90 minutes earned.    Really it was late enough 9:15pm  that he shoud have gone to bed.  However, he'd done his work quickly and without fighting and the lateness was beyond his control so I gave him 30 minutes and carried over the rest.

He got up early and did his morning chores, then told me it was time to get up.  He had forgotten to declutter so I reminded him gently.  The 15 minute declutter of his room was closer to 15 seconds, only a few puzzle pieces on the floor, so I had him get his things out of the living room and kitchen.  All told he might have spent 5 minutes decluttering.

He still has to do his big daily chore but that counts on his PM chores, though he can do it at either time.  He is currently enjoying some media time and I need to sign of as he now wants to use some on the PC.:)

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM
I hope its going well for you! Best wishes for you and your son :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 13, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Good luck!

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

Monday Update

As you may have read earlier Jericho did a lot of lolly gagging Sunday so was told if he was not done by 8pm he'd lose media time and have to do the work Monday.  He choose not to listen.

Along with his regukar chores he had to clean a specified corner of his room (SUnday's job) and his closet.  I gave specific tasks and timed all of them and he finished by 6 pm.  His room looked great:  Right now he is playing with his brother in there so I  hope he cleans up when they finish.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jerichos_Mommy
by Member on Nov. 15, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Thanks for your help.  LAst night and tonight he was fighting everything again.  He ended up with no media time because of rudeness and lollygagging too much.  I told him after several warning to get a move on that he is perectly capable of finishing homework and chores by 7 pm.   So if he was not finished  at 7:30 I would set the timer and however much time was left when he finished would be his media time.

I want to give him his time but I feel he needs to learn time management as well.  Everytime I tried to break things down for him the last 2 days he has gotten mad.

aidensmomma508
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Great news :)

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

Monday Update

As you may have read earlier Jericho did a lot of lolly gagging Sunday so was told if he was not done by 8pm he'd lose media time and have to do the work Monday.  He choose not to listen.

Along with his regukar chores he had to clean a specified corner of his room (SUnday's job) and his closet.  I gave specific tasks and timed all of them and he finished by 6 pm.  His room looked great:  Right now he is playing with his brother in there so I  hope he cleans up when they finish.

aidensmomma508
by on Nov. 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I'm sure there wil be set backs here and there but it sounds like this is helping

Quoting Jerichos_Mommy:

Thanks for your help.  LAst night and tonight he was fighting everything again.  He ended up with no media time because of rudeness and lollygagging too much.  I told him after several warning to get a move on that he is perectly capable of finishing homework and chores by 7 pm.   So if he was not finished  at 7:30 I would set the timer and however much time was left when he finished would be his media time.

I want to give him his time but I feel he needs to learn time management as well.  Everytime I tried to break things down for him the last 2 days he has gotten mad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)