Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Are you intentional in your parenting?

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you intentional in your parenting and how your kids are raised? Did you start out that way? And by intentional I mean do you have a certain idea of how your kids should be raised and do you follow it? Certain morals, expectations, goals, religion, or whatever your idea of intentional is? I've been watching 19 & Counting for the first time and while I don't agree with everything they do I think it's neat how they all work together as a family and are very intentional in how they raise their children. They know exactly how they want to raise them and they don't waver in that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 2, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Replies (31-31):
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Only online support groups. There's none near me.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I do hope you keep looking. A church we used to go to was catering to children with needs and it was awesome. A lot of caring people there that really took the time. Are you in a support group for children with similar issues? Maybe you can meet somewhere there that goes to a great church where your child can be excepted and worked with?

Quoting Jenn8604:

Yes I was. But now I'm not in some areas. I wanted to raise my son in church. He's autistic and when he was too old for the nursery, since he couldn't talk they left me with him in a room with toys, but empty of other kids. They said IF they had an empty room they could make a special needs class. BS! What do you think I was sitting in? Yeah they blew me off on everything. Church is not a place for my son. I've tried other churches and they want to stick him in the nursery (he was 4 at the time) because he couldn't talk and communicate with kids his age. So I'm done with church. And some other things I've had to adjust because of his autism, but I'm OK with it. But it's not the international I had planned.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)