Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

adolescent

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM
  • 14 Replies
hi moms ma daughter is 13 years and ever since she started her puberty i have been called on several occasions at school that they are seeing signs of her having interest in boys. but she has always been denying and showing that these are just mare friends but not boyfriends. now yesterday on ma phone she sent this same guy a text that she misses him and i asked her and she seemed so shaky then i tried to be open to her about boys relationship and the dangers involved in at her age. but moms how exactly should i help ma doter to be a positive kid thx joyce
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Just be open with her. Have the sex talk with her. I wouldn't over react when the teacher calls you and when you approach her with these issues don't freak out on her. Stay calm and let her know that she can come to you with any questions, etc. maybe even take her to her doctor and have them talk to her.
mnmo3bb
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 12:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Good advice! I'm confused as to why the teachers are calling?

Taking Charge of Your Fertility has a book for pre-teens & teens. I plan on using that with my daughter to explain what is happening to her body and the feelings she has.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Just be open with her. Have the sex talk with her. I wouldn't over react when the teacher calls you and when you approach her with these issues don't freak out on her. Stay calm and let her know that she can come to you with any questions, etc. maybe even take her to her doctor and have them talk to her.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:10 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I agree with this,
Keep talking to her about it.
Let her know you are there for her ;)

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Mznaye
by Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I agree with this.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

aidensmomma508
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I also agree

jconney80
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM

This is a really good book to share with her. And I was wondering why they are calling. I'm pretty sure it's normal for kids that age to start being interested in each other.

Quoting mnmo3bb:

Good advice! I'm confused as to why the teachers are calling?

Taking Charge of Your Fertility has a book for pre-teens & teens. I plan on using that with my daughter to explain what is happening to her body and the feelings she has.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Janet
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:47 AM

What is she doing that they are calling you?

mommie2madison
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I think what she is demonstrating is normal for her age.  The key is to be sure she knows your expectations clearly, and that you explain to her your reasons for any particular rules you have.  With that, aim to find a common-ground that allows her to benefit from your older & wiser experience/knowledge, yet lets her feel comfortable with the natural thoughts/sensations she is experiencing.

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree. And another tip that helps me, is talk to her while you are driving. It's easy to talk when you are sitting there and don't have to worry about staring at each other. And just talk, talk, talk, to her!
I always joke, its not one sex talk, its a thousand. Just talk to them. It's all about forging a relationship with them.

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Awesome advice! You rock. I love your ideas:)

Quoting mommie2madison:

I think what she is demonstrating is normal for her age.  The key is to be sure she knows your expectations clearly, and that you explain to her your reasons for any particular rules you have.  With that, aim to find a common-ground that allows her to benefit from your older & wiser experience/knowledge, yet lets her feel comfortable with the natural thoughts/sensations she is experiencing.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)