Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parenting Positive Kids Parenting Positive Kids

Elf on the Shelf

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
  • 22 Replies

giftChristmas is coming soon. Any mamas here use the Elf on the Shelf?  My ds is four years old and I am thinking about starting it with him.  Any tips or ideas?  holding gifts

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2jngnc
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

We have one. He's a PITA. My oldest two are up longer than my DH and I, so he often sits in the same place. Especially if my DH is running late in the morning for work.

Mznaye
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Thats what I'm worried about. Some mornings I am late. I think I should try lol

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

We have one. He's a PITA. My oldest two are up longer than my DH and I, so he often sits in the same place. Especially if my DH is running late in the morning for work.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Not for us ,
Good luck :)

AlannaMaria
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM
We have one! His name is Ralph :) we have had him for a few years now and the kids love him! We move him every night before we go to bed. The kids know they can't touch him and when they are acting up I say " you better be good, Ralph is watching you". Lol. My DD writes letters for him to bring to Santa.
Mznaye
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:40 PM
Letters are cute

Quoting AlannaMaria:

We have one! His name is Ralph :) we have had him for a few years now and the kids love him! We move him every night before we go to bed. The kids know they can't touch him and when they are acting up I say " you better be good, Ralph is watching you". Lol. My DD writes letters for him to bring to Santa.
aidensmomma508
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM

No but I'm thinking about it too

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
That's cute! She writes letters to santa and has him bring them to santa? ADORABLE!

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM
I tried it, though-it scared the kids. Cute for people who have kiddos who don't have super active imaginations.

Quoting hugss:

Not for us ,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Aww that is too bad it scared them ..

Quoting celestegood:

I tried it, though-it scared the kids. Cute for people who have kiddos who don't have super active imaginations.

Quoting hugss:

Not for us ,

jconney80
by on Nov. 14, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I haven't tried it yet! We don't have one and I'm still on the fence about whether I can even do this with my kids. I'm afraid it will scare them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN